The pineapple containers were provide complimentary by Oriental Trading. All opinions are my own.
Here’s another easy DIY ornament that’s perfect for a tropical themed tree, a painted container pineapple ornament.
Have you seen this year’s Luau Santa Christmas tree? It’s about 90% decorated with DIY ornaments and this painted container pineapple ornament is one of them. Just like the Tropical Cocktail Ornament, this ornament is easy to make and is more affordable than buying pineapple ornaments. In addition, since this painted container pineapple ornament has a ‘messy look’, it’s a great craft to do with kids too!
For a limited time, until 11/14/19 12am CST, get FREE SHIPPING on any size order using my link and code SQUAD19.Easy painted container pineapple ornament craft
- Pineapple Favor Containers
- DecoArt Metallics Splendid Gold Paint
- Gallery Glass Ivy Green
- Green, brown, and orange Sharpie
- Small paint brush
- Open the pineapple favor container. On the inside of the pineapple, add green Gallery Glass paint to the crown portion. Spread out the paint with a brush. It will look streaky, but will dry to a nice sheer green. Use a brush and add gold metallic paint to the inside of the pineapple, keeping the gold towards the bottoms of the diamond pattern. Note: it doesn't have to be perfect. Just splotch it on. Let the paint dry.
- Use the brown Sharpie and run it between the diamond pattern on the OUTSIDE of the pineapple.
- Then, on the INSIDE of the pineapple container, add orange to the middle of the diamonds. Use a Sharpie pen or use orange Gallery Glass paint. If using Gallery Glass paint, let it dry completely before moving on.
- Since Sharpie dries almost immediately, the green Sharpie can be added above and around the orange Sharpie color. If using Gallery Glass green paint, make sure the orange glass paint is dry before adding it.
- Close the pineapple containers and hang on the tree using the hole in the pineapple crown. Optional - fill with a surprise.
Orange and green Sharpie can be substituted with Gallery Glass paint. The only drawback is the dry time of the paint.
The pineapple can also be painted a sold color for a more classic and sleek look.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Artlicious - 10 Hand Made All Purpose Nylon Hair Brush Set - Acrylic, Oil, Watercolor Paints
Pineapple Favor Containers | Oriental Trading
2-Pack - DecoArt Dazzling Metallics Acrylic Colors - Splendid Gold, 2-Ounces Each
Sharpie 38250PP Permanent Markers, Chisel Tip, Assorted Colors, 8-Count
Plaid Gallery Glass Window Color in Assorted Colors (2 oz), 16024, Ivy Green