Products used in this post were sent complimentary from Oriental Trading. #OTCHoliYay #OTCChristmas #orientaltrading
Got 5-minutes to craft? That’s just enough time to create an easy DIY tropical cocktail ornament!
If you love all things tropical, it can be difficult and sometimes costly to carry the theme into Christmas. So this year, I’m creating a Luau Santa themed tree that’s 99% handcrafted with supplies from Oriental Trading. These DIY tropical cocktail ornaments only take about 5-minutes a piece (1 hour to make a dozen) and cost under $4 a piece to make! And now is the perfect time to keep the cost low because Oriental Trading is offering FREE SHIPPING on any order placed on November 1st through November 4th. The promo ends at 12 am CST on November 4th, so don’t delay! And don’t forget to use promo code SQUAD19 so they know you came from here.Easy DIY Tropical Cocktail Ornament
- Coconut Cups with flowers
- Hibiscus Flower Straws
- Hibiscus Cocktail Parasols
- Green Goody Bags
- Craft glue
- Insert plastic bag into the coconut cup. This will be the 'drink' in the cup.
- Insert Hibiscus cocktail parasol into the plastic.
- Cut about 2" off at the bottom of the straw at an angle. Make a small cut in the plastic to insert the straw into. Optional - add glue to the bottom of the straw before inserting into the plastic.
- There should be a hole in the coconut cup. Use raffia or string to make a loop through the hole for hanging.
- Repeat the above steps for the remaining cups. This will produce a dozen DIY Tropical Cocktail Ornaments for under $4 a piece.
Since I plan on reusing the coconut cups, I do not glue anything down. The plastic bags fill the cup enough to hold everything in place.
Items purchased through these links are tracked via Oriental Trading. I do not earn from these purchases, but purchases through these links make it possible to bring more Oriental Trading posts to you.