Summer is just around the corner, which means I’ve already been in my kitchen creating treats to keep us cool during the heatwaves. Our standard Guri Guri or Hawaiian Ice Cream has been whipped up several times, but this year, I wanted to try something without any dairy. And while I was going through an old Jell-O book, I came across a recipe for Jello Slushies.
This recipe only uses 3-ingredients: Jell-O, ginger ale, and hot water. Super easy!
I didn’t take pictures of the steps because it’s an easy recipe. Here is what it looked like when scooped out from the tray ⇑⇑. I followed the recipe exactly and got more of a shaved ice type dessert. It was still tasty and matched the image shown in the Jell-O dessert book, just not what I would call jello slushies.
So, I pulled out my Bella blender and blended together some of the ‘shaved ice jello’ and ginger ale. I added about three scoops of frozen jello and enough ginger ale to cover about half of it. And would you know it?! The perfect jello slushie!
If you’re looking for a way to keep cool during the summer, make this easy 3-ingredient jello slushies recipe! You’ll be able to eat it in the shaved ice form or as a delicious drink!
3-ingredient Jello Slushies
- 1 pkg. 4-serving size Jell-O (Use any flavor. Shown – Jolly Rancher Watermelon 2.79 oz. package used)
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 2 cups ginger ale
- In an 8″x 8″ glass dish, dissolve gelatin in hot water. Make sure ALL the gelatin crystals are dissolved.
- Mix in the ginger all to the gelatin mixture. Cover and place into the freezer overnight.
- Jello Shaved Ice – Use an ice cream scoop and serve in a small dish.
- Jello Slushies – Add several scoops of frozen jello ‘shaved ice’ into a mini blender (large blender works too). Add ginger ale till it just covers half of the jello mix. Blend and adjust (add more ginger ale or frozen jello) the mix until you have the jello slushie texture you like.
What’s your favorite cold summer treat?
Find more cool desserts on my Recipes: Drinks and Cold Things Pinterest Board