Got a scorching hot day coming up? You might just want to cool off by making up a batch of these refreshing Jello Slushies or Shaved Ice using just three ingredients: Jello, ginger ale, and water!
Summer is just around the corner, which means I’ve already been in my kitchen creating treats to keep us cool during the heatwaves. Our standard Guri Guri or Hawaiian Ice Cream has been whipped up several times, but this year, I wanted to try something without any dairy. And while I was going through an old Jell-O book, I came across a recipe for Jello Slushies.
Jello Slushies or Shaved Ice – 3-ingredients
Jello Slushies or Shaved Ice Ingredients
- 1 pkg. 4-serving size Jell-O. Use any flavor. (If using 8-serving Jell-O size, double the amount of boiling water and ginger ale.)
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 2 cups ginger ale or flavored Sparkling Ice
How to Make Jello Slushies or Shaved Ice
Step 1. In an 8″x 8″ glass dish or large rectangular container, dissolve gelatin in hot water. Make sure ALL the gelatin crystals are dissolved.
Step 2. Mix in the ginger ale to the gelatin mixture. Let the mixture cool down to prevent ice crystals. When cooled, cover and place into the freezer overnight.
Step 3. Prepare to serve by letting the frozen Jello sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. This makes it easier to scoop out the frozen Jello.
To serve as Jello Shaved Ice – Use an ice cream scoop and serve in a small dish. Optional – top with fruits.
To serve as Jello Slushies – (This is my favorite way to enjoy frozen Jello) Break off chunks of frozen jello into a mini blender or large blender for multiple servings. Add ginger ale till it just covers half of the frozen Jello chunks. Blend and adjust (add more ginger ale or frozen jello) the mix until you have the jello slushie texture you like.
Note: If you prefer the slushie sweeter, add a bit of sugar substitute.
If you’re looking for a way to keep cool during the summer, make this easy 3-ingredient jello slushies recipe! You’ll be able to eat it in the shaved ice form or as a delicious drink!
- 1 pkg. 4-serving size Jell-O - any flavor
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 2 cups ginger ale
- In an 8″x 8″ glass dish or large rectangular dish, dissolve gelatin in hot water. Mix to ensure ALL the gelatin crystals are dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Mix the ginger ale into the gelatin mixture. Let the mixture cool to prevent ice crystals. Cover and place into the freezer overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the frozen Jello from the freezer and let sit out for about 10 minutes to soften. To prepare Jello Shaved Ice – Use an ice cream scoop and serve in a small dish. To prepare Jello Slushies – Break off chunks of frozen jello and add to a blender. Add ginger ale or use flavored Sparkling Ice (Kiwi Strawberry is good with strawberry Jello) till it just covers half of the jello mix. Blend and adjust (add more ginger ale or frozen jello) the mix until you have the jello slushie texture you like. Note: If you prefer it sweeter, add a bit of sugar substitute.
If using the 8-serving size Jello box, double the amount of ginger ale and water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Jell-O Sugar Free Gelatin Variety, Black Cherry, Raspberry, Lemon, Lime, Strawberry, Cherry, 0.3 oz Boxes (Pack of 6) with By The Cup Mood Spoons
Sparkling Ice Purple Variety Pack, Flavored Sparkling Water, Zero Sugar 17 fl oz, 12 count (Black Raspberry, Cherry Limeade, Orange Mango, Kiwi Strawberry)
Canada Dry Ginger Ale, 12oz Cans, Pack of 6
Drinking Cups With Straws and Lids, Can Shaped Glass Cups 16 oz, Glass Cups Set Of 12
Pyrex 8 Inch Square Baking Dish, Red, 8-inches
Nutri Ninja BL642 Personal and Countertop Blender with 1200-Watt Auto-iQ Base, 72-Ounce Pitcher, and 18, 24, and 32-Ounce Cups with Spout Lids
What’s your favorite cold summer treat?
Find more cool desserts on my Recipes: Drinks and Cold Things Pinterest Board