Love trying and making new boba drink flavors? Well, you’re in luck because today’s boba drink was inspired by Monsta Snow’s limited edition White Rabbit Boba Drink.
Over the years, boba shops have grown in popularity and can be found in almost every city. One of our favorite shops in our neighborhood is Monsta Snow. They are constantly creating new drink ideas and my interest was peaked with their recent limited edition White Rabbit Boba Drink.
For me, there was a bit too much almond extract in the Monsta Snow drink recipe, so I’ve altered the flavor profile to something more to my preferences. Of course, one of the great things about making your own boba drinks at home is the freedom to adjust the sweetness and flavoring to your preferences, so don’t be afraid to alter this milk candy boba drink base to your liking. For example, reduce the oat milk and increase the butterfly pea flower tea for a more intense milk tea flavor.
What is White Rabbit?
If you’ve never heard of White Rabbit, you might be wondering what the heck is it? Here’s a short answer…it’s a Chinese sweet milk candy that is covered in a thin layer of edible rice paper. It’s a popular candy that has its start in Shanghai in 1943 and was popularized all over the world by Chinese immigrants. And thank goodness for that because this was one of my favorite candies growing up in Hawaii.
White Rabbit Boba Drink Ingredients
- Oatmilk – Regular or Extra Creamy Oatmilk can be used to create the drink. I have used both and there isn’t much difference.
- Condensed Milk – This will be the sweetener for the drink and make it taste like White Rabbit Candy.
- Boba – Make fresh boba by following my recipe or buy premade boba balls and follow the preparation directions on the package.
- Ice – This recipe makes two drinks and 1/2 cup of Artic ice (crushed ice).
- Butterfly Tea blend – This adds a very subtle tea flavor and is more for adding a fun twist to the drink. I used Daily Beauty Blueberry Lavender Tea that I purchased at a local health food store. This tea has a blend of Hibiscus, Rose Hip, Bamboo Schizandra Berry, Blue Butterfly Pea Flower and Blueberry that is supposed to help with skin complexion.
- Almond Extract – Using this sparingly, as putting too much will overwhelm the flavor of the drink.
Kitchen Items Needed to Make White Rabbit Boba
- Pot – Needed to make boba.
- Strainer – To strain boba after cooking.
- 16 ounce glass cups – I use two mason jars to hold the White Rabbit Drink. One large 32 ounce cup can be used to make a large sized single drink.
- Boba Straws – I use two reusable stainless steel boba straws.
- Measuring spoons – Use to measure out condensed milk and almond extract.
- Measuring cups – Use to measure oat milk, ice, and cooked boba.
- Optional – A spoon to place tea into the drink and to mix the ingredients in the cup.
How to Make White Rabbit Boba Drink
This recipe will make two (2) 16 ounce White Rabbit Boba Drinks. For a video, scroll to the recipe list at the bottom of the post.
Prepare the Boba, Tea, and Cup
Step 1. For the quickest way to make boba, use store-bought boba. Follow the boba package instructions to make about 1/2 cup of boba. The type of boba will determine how long it will take to cook. Some can take 5 minutes after boiling up to 45 minutes. When the boba is cooked, start to steep the tea.
Note: Let the boba cool a bit or run it under cold water to cool it down and to prevent the ice from melting too fast.
Step 2. Follow the instructions for steeping the tea. For the Daily Beauty Blueberry Lavender Tea, it was two tea bags per 6 ounces of hot water for 5-7 minutes.
Step 3. Strain boba from cooking liquid and add about a 1/3 cup to a 16 ounce cup.
Prepare the White Rabbit Boba Drink Mixture
Step 4. Add about 1/2 cup of crushed ice to the cup.
Step 5. To a measuring cup, add 6 ounces of oat milk, 2.5 to 3 tablespoons of condensed milk, and 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract. Stir to combine and pour over ice in cup.
Note: These measurements are for one 16 ounce cup. If making two drinks at one time, measure out 12 ounces (1.5 cups) of oat milk, 5 to 6 tablespoons of condensed milk, and 1/4 tsp. of almond extract. Stir to combine and divide the mixture between two 16 ounce cups.
Step 7. Gently pour 3 ounces of the tea on top of the oat milk.
Tip: Pour it onto a spoon that is held over the oat milk. This will ensure the tea doesn’t immediately mix into the drink and will create a pretty delineation between the oat milk and tea. Repeat this step if making two drinks.
Making this homemade white rabbit boba drink is very easy and simple. You’ll definitely love it if you are a fan of sweet milk candy or are a White Rabbit candy lover! So what are you waiting for?! It’s time to start making your own Monsta Snow inspired White Rabbit candy boba drink.
- 12 ounces Oat milk - 6 ounces per cup
- 2/3 cup Boba, cooked and cooled - 1/3 cup per cup
- 1 cup ice, crushed - 1/2 cup ice per cup
- 5-6 tablespoons condensed milk - 2.5 to 3 T. per cup
- 1/4 teaspoons almond extract - 1/8 tsp. per cup
- 6 ounces Daily Beauty Blueberry Lavender Tea with Butterfly Pea Flower or your favorite butterfly pea tea mix - 3 ounces per cup
- Cook and cool boba balls per package directions. Set aside and let cool.
- Follow the instructions for steeping the tea. For the Daily Beauty Blueberry Lavender Tea, it was two tea bags per 6 ounces of hot water for 5-7 minutes. Set aside and let slightly cool.
- Strain boba from cooking liquid and add about a 1/3 cup to each 16-ounce cup*.
- Add about 1/2 cup of crushed ice to each cup.
- To a measuring cup, add 12 ounces of oat milk, 5 to 6 tablespoons of condensed milk**, and 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract. Stir to combine well. See notes if you prefer to layer directly into each cup.
- Add 6 ounces of the oat milk mixture to each cup.
- Gently pour 3 ounces of the tea on top of the oat milk. Tip: Pour it onto a spoon that is held over the oat milk. This will ensure the tea doesn’t immediately mix into the drink and will create a pretty delineation between the oat milk and tea.
- Serve and enjoy!
*A large cup can be used if you prefer a lot of ice or want to make one large drink for yourself.
**If you prefer a less sweet drink, reduce the condensed milk to 2.5 T. per cup or 5 T. total for two drinks. I found 3T. per cup or 6 tablespoons total will taste the most like White Rabbit milk candy.
Note: If you prefer a triple-layered look, add 2.5 to 3 tablespoons of condensed milk, 6 ounces of oat milk, and 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract to each 16-ounce cup. Then, top each cup with 3 ounces of tea.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Watkins Pure Almond Extract, 2 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)
The Republic of Tea Beautifying Botanicals® Daily Beauty Blueberry Lavender Herbal Tea Bags(36 count)
Rainbow Tapioca Pearls Boba Bubble Tea 2.2 lb
6 Pcs Boba Straws Metal with Sillicone Tips, Jumbo Reusable Smoothie Straws, 0.5" Wide Stainless Steel Straws with 3 Cleaning Brush 1 Case
Wide Mouth Mason Jars 16 oz [5 Pack]
16oz Glass Mason Jar with Lid and Straw Set of 4