Out of the Box Hot Breakfast Recipes
(Merry Monday Link Party #140)
Are you guilty of skipping breakfast? I am (hanging my head down). Even though I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I always seem to neglect it. I’m often in a rush and end up with a cold bowl of cereal or on-the-go yogurt. It’s better than nothing, but February’s hot breakfast month was created to remind us to slow down. To take the time to treat ourselves and make the effort to start the day with something warm and delicious.
And since it’s still winter time, wouldn’t you rather start the day with a good hot breakfast?! Not only is a hot breakfast a good way to get your body going during the cold winter months, it helps keep you focused until lunch. But if you’re just not an early riser, think about cooking breakfast meals on the weekend or night before. Many of the ideas listed below can be made on the weekend, stored in the refrigerator, and warmed up during the week. So, no more excuses! Start your February by trying some of these hot breakfast meals gathered from the Merry Monday Link Party #139 and two my own, on-the-go bacon and eggs musubi and Ham Spinach Quiche.
10 Out of the Box Hot Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Chocolate Belgian Waffles via Meatloaf and Melodrama – Waffles can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator or frozen. Warm in toaster or microwave before eating.
- Maple Bacon Pancakes via Almost Supermom – Make pancakes ahead of time and keep in refrigerator. Warm before eating.
- Orange French Toast via Penny Pincher Jenny – Another item that can be made ahead of time and warmed in the microwave.
- Spinach-Potato Breakfast Pizza via Homegrown in the Valley – This takes a bit more time, but you can make the topping ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Spinach and Feta Toast via Courtney’s Cookbook – spinach can be cooked ahead of time and warmed before putting on toast.
- Overnight Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole via Tauni Everett – Once this is baked up, it can feed a small family for at least 2-3 days.
- Chocolate Chip Coffee Muffins via Forgetful Momma – I tried this and it didn’t list the coffee amount, so I added 3 T. to the milk, but will increase to 5T. next time. Also, I would add 1/4 cup more chocolate chips or increase the sugar. Otherwise, it taste great warm with a bit of butter.
- Pineapple Pistachio Baked Oatmeal with Dates and Coconut (vegan + gluten free) via Healthy Helper – Can be eaten room temperature or warmed with a cup of coffee…yummy!
- Bacon and Eggs Musubi via My Pinterventures – If you don’t have seaweed, serve sunny side up eggs and bacon over rice. Add soy sauce to taste and it’s delicious!
- Easy 10-minute Tuna Melt via DIY Budget Girl – Who says a tuna melt is just for lunch? This easy tuna melt is kicked up with salsa, avocado spread, and dill relish.
- Simply Delicious Ham Spinach Quiche via My Pinterventures – This is great for leftover meat and keeps great in the fridge. Just pop it in the oven to warm.
Tip: Pancake, waffles, muffins, and toppings can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. If freezing pancakes and waffles – make sure to cool completely and separate with freezer or parchment paper.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Celebrate Hot Breakfast Month – 10 out of the box HOT breakfast #breakfast #recipes @pinterventures” quote=”Celebrate Hot Breakfast Month – 10 out of the box HOT breakfast”]
All features are pinned to the Merry Monday Link Party Board!
Merry Monday Link Party #140
Meet the Merry Monday Link Party Hosts
- Erlene ⋅ My Pinterventures
- Kim ⋅ Made In A Day
- Amanda ⋅ The Kolb Corner
- Marie ⋅ DIY Adulation
- Chelc ⋅ Inside The Fox Den
- Shirley ⋅ Intelligent Domestications
Now, let’s get to the party!
[Tweet “Get seen on 12 blogs! Link-up on the #MerryMonday #linkparty! @pinterventures”]
Help support the party & grab a button to display on your blog or party page!
Now, show us your latest recipes, crafts, DIY projects, home decor ideas, home tips, and anything you created!