It’s back to school time, which means it’s time to put my home lunch making apron on! So when one of my favorite brands, Foster Farms, decided to sponsor this post to kick-off the Don’t Call Me Basic sandwich contest, I was beyond excited! I’ve been dying to create a buffalo wing inspired sandwich and knew this would be a fun challenge!
Whenever I make a new sandwich for the kids, I always think about the things they like to eat. My kids love buffalo wings and grilled cheese sandwiches, so I thought it would be a great idea to combine the two flavors to make a Buffalo Turkey Waffleich..
Okay, I know you’re thinking…”What is a waffleich?!” Well, you can thank my youngest daughter for the name, but it’s my cheater way of speeding up the process to grill both sides of bread on a sandwich by tossing it into a waffle maker. I totally love saving time in the kitchen and the kids love the crispy crust and funky waffle markings.
Now that we’ve defined what a waffleich is, let’s talk about the main ingredient to make a Buffalo Turkey Waffleich. A good sandwich starts with the quality of the lunchmeat. Since my kids bring lunch from home daily, they tend to eat a lot of sandwiches. It’s important to me to fill their sandwiches with lunchmeats that I feel good about. I love using Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey in sandwiches because I know I’m feeding my family turkey that’s anything but basic. It’s all natural*, lower in sodium**, contains no chemicals or preservatives***, and comes from turkeys raised without hormones or steroids✝. Awesome, right?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey. All opinions are my own. The contest is sponsored by Foster Farms.
- 4 Texas toast slices
- 8 Foster Farms All Natural Sliced Turkey slices (4 per sandwich)
- 2 provolone cheese slices (1 per sandwich)
- 2oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 - 2 tablespoon hot wing sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce (1/4 cup per sandwich)
- mayonnaise (enough to spread on the bread)
- ranch dressing (to taste)
- Mix together softened cream cheese and hot wing sauce. Spread onto one side of the four pieces of bread. Spread mayonnaise on the opposite side of the bread pieces.
- On two of the bread pieces, place the turkey, provolone, lettuce and ranch dressing on the side spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with the remaining bread slices, ensuring the mayonnaise sides are facing out.
- Heat up the waffle iron. When ready, place one sandwich onto the waffle and press the waffle iron down. Toast until the outside bread is golden brown and crisp. Repeat for the second sandwich.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.