This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #99yourthanksgiving #Doingthe99 #CollectiveBias
Like most people, I spend weeks planning Thanksgiving dinner and hours in the kitchen. Then, when it’s finally over, the last thing I want to do is spend more time cooking. So this year, I’m planning to use turkey leftovers to make simple turkey salad sandwiches – no cooking involved!
Alright, I think it has been established that I’m a 99 Cents Only shopper. The Murrieta 99 Cents Only store is my go-to place for all things Thanksgiving and I try to visit weekly to find new deals. I’ve already stocked up and saved more than 50% on pumpkin puree, paper plates, Thanksgiving decor, and spices when compared to other stores. And I plan on saving more by shopping the 99 for produce to use in Thanksgiving side dishes, stuffing, and my simple turkey salad sandwiches!
On my latest 99 Cents Only store visit, I brought home Artesano Bakery Bread, Kaliroy Roma tomatoes, Pacific celery, and New Star spinach that I used to do a test run my simple turkey salad sandwich recipe – lucky me! I also found a bag of Green Giant onions that I wanted to use in the sandwiches, but my kids prefer their sandwiches onion free. No worries though, I’ll be using the onions in a turkey soup recipe (coming soon).
Print this 99 Cents Only store shopping list for everything needed to create two leftover Thanksgiving turkey meals: simple turkey salad sandwiches and turkey soup (coming soon).
Keep in mind, bread and produce can vary in different 99 Cents Only stores, so be flexible and use the best items available.
Simple Turkey Salad Sandwiches
- Chop the apples, celery (not shown), walnuts, and leftover turkey.
- Add all the chopped ingredients, cranberries, and seasonings in a large container.
- Mix in the mayonnaise and mustard. Assemble the sandwiches and serve.
- For best results, cover and let the mix sit for at least 30 minutes or overnight before assembling the sandwiches.
How will you #99yourthanksgiving?
Simple Turkey Salad Sandwiches
Create tasty simple turkey salad sandwiches using leftover turkey with apples, cranberries, and celery.
- 2 cups chopped turkey
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup celery, finley chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, use more as needed
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. mustard - optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Artisan thick slice bread
- Sliced tomatoes
- Spinach or Lettuce
- In a bowl, add all the turkey salad ingredients. Mix well and assemble the sandwich.
- Wash and dry enough spinach to cover one slice of bread for each sandwich. Thinly slice tomatoes and place on top of spinach. Place turkey salad on the tomatoes and cover with bread. Serve.
For the best result, refrigerate the turkey salad mixture for 30 minutes or overnight before assembling the sandwiches.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Fisher Chef's Naturals Chopped Walnuts, 6 Ounces, Raw, Unsalted, Naturally Gluten Free, No Preservatives, Non-GMO
Ocean Spray Craisins Dried Cranberries, Reduced Sugar, 20 Ounce
McCormick Gourmet Organic Poultry Seasoning, 0.87 oz
Santoku Knife - imarku 7 inch Kitchen Knife Ultra Sharp German HC Stainless Steel
StarPack Nylon Kitchen Knife Set (3 Piece) - The Perfect Kids Knife, Lettuce Knife and Safe Kitchen Knife
Good Cook 3-Piece Mixing Spoons Set
Superior Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids - 8 Piece Mixing Bowl Set with BPA- Free lids, Space Saving Nesting Bowls
My aunt and uncle make a similar recipe every year using leftover smoked turkey, and it’s one of my favorite things about the holidays! Thanks so much for sharing these great leftover ideas! #client