Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Welcome back to day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop! Today, is all about easy party foods and I’m sharing a quick and easy party appetizer – Bisquick Shrimp Vegetable Appetizers.
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter! Check out the 12 Days of Christmas host projects and list below ⇓
Bisquick Shrimp Vegetable Appetizers
This past Thanksgiving we had dinner at my sister-in-law’s house and I couldn’t stop stuffing my face with these appetizers on her table spread. Boy, was I surprised when I found out that it was only made with Bisquick, frozen vegetables, and raw shrimp, that’s it! She doesn’t even add any seasonings, but I added some for extra flavor. This really is super simple, quick, and delicious! My sister-in-law serves this with a Finadene Sauce, but I use bottled Ponzu sauce with added green onions and a bit of gochujang. These tart sauces pair perfectly with these Bisquick Shrimp Vegetable Appetizers as it helps to balance some of frying oil on these appetizers.
Bisquick Shrimp Vegetable Appetizers - Quick and Easy Party Food
How to make Bisquick shrimp and vegetable appetizers, a qucik and easy party food.
- 2 1/2 cups Bisqucik (Add up to 1/2 cup more if the batter is sliding off the spoon too easily)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Pound medium shrimp (peeled, deveined, and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup mixed vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add oil in a large pot so that it is about 3" deep. Turn on the heat to medium and let oil get hot. Meanwhile, defrost the frozen mixed vegetable for 2 minutes in the microwave and drain the liquid. Make sure the defrosted vegetables measure to 1 1/2 cups. If not, defrost more frozen vegetables. Set aside. Defrost shrimp, peel, devein, and chop each shrimp into bite size pieces (about three pieces per shrimp). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together Bisquick, eggs, and milk. Add in the shrimp, vegetables, and seasonings. The batter should be slightly on the thick side.
- When the oil is hot, add individual spoonful of the shrimp vegetable mix into the oil. Cook for about 2 minutes and flip over. Cook another 2 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Remove and place on paper towels to drain oil. Scoop out any bits of batter in the oil. Add more spoonfuls of mix to the oil and repeat the cooking process until all the batter is gone.
- Serve as-is or with a dipping Ponzu sauce or Finadene sauce.
- Use regular cereal/soup spoons to drop batter into oil.
- If the mix is sliding off the spoon too easily, add more Bisquick to the mix.
- Adjust oil heat if the appetizers are browning too quickly and lower to medium low.
- Do not over crowd the pot as the appetizers will puff up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Dinner Spoons with Round Edge, Pack of 12
Color Mixing Bowls with Lids - 12 Piece Plastic Nesting Bowls , Microwave Safe
Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil, 32 Ounce
Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix, 40-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 3)
T-fal B36290 Specialty Nonstick 5 Quart Jumbo Cooker Saute Pan with Glass Lid, Black
Serve this at your next gathering and watch them disappear!
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!
These look delicious and so easy too!
Looks good and I’ll bet that they wouldn’t last long at a party!
THis looks so good, can’t wait to try it!
This looks absolutely delicious! I hope to try it soon.
This is perfect. I am actually looking for appetizers for the upcoming family get together. I would love to serve this as it looks easy and delicious. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. Do you also have suggestions for dessert?
I love Bisquick recipes, this one is totally new to me!
Oh, these look and sound delicious!
Those look delicious!
I’ve not seen these before (and I’ve seen a lot of appetizer recipes!) and I love that these are different and LOOK so yummy AND easy to make! Thanks for sharing these!
I am loving the look of those! They look wonderful Erlene.