Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Welcome back to day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop! Today, is all about cookies and cookie tips! So, he’s my tip…don’t add more to your holiday ‘to-do’ list by baking. Buy store-bought Oreo cookies and jazz them up by adding candy melts, sprinkles, and edible glitter to make Festive Sparkly Glitter Oreo Cookies!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter! Here’s this year’s 12 Days of Christmas Schedule so you can stop by each day to see what’s new:
- DIY Ornament – DIY Plaid Mounted Deer Head Ornament
- Movie craft or recipe – Polar Express Believe Framed Bell Sign
- Snowman craft – Snow Belly Snowman
- Holiday party food – Bisquick Shrimp Vegetable Appetizers
- 99 Cents Only store craft – Easy Reindeer Ornaments
- Party Games! – 12 Christmas Family Games
- Hot Cocoa Bar! – Simple Hot Cocoa Beverage Station
- Cookie recipe or tip – Festive Sparkly Glitter Oreo Cookies
- DIY Wreath
- Christmas/Holiday Table setting
- Holiday porch decor
- Christmas/Holiday Tree
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
Festive Sparkly Glitter Oreo Cookies
Before I share these super quick and easy Festive Sparkly Glitter Oreo Cookies, I have to tell you that it’s a miracle that any Oreo cookies got decorated. My kids LOVE Oreo cookies and were circling the table for an opportunity to snatch one up. So here’s my second tip…buy more Oreo cookies than you need if making these with kids because a few are bound to disappear before being decorated.
- Oreo cookies
- cookie sheet or baking tray
- optional – parchment paper
- Crisco – Tip 3 – this helps the candy melts stay fluid longer and helps to thin it out
- candy melts – white and red
- festive Christmas sprinkles
- edible glitter (make sure it’s edible and not just non-toxic for decorative food purposes)
- spoons and bowls
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and lay all the Oreo cookies on it.
- Add about 1/4 of each candy melt color into small bowls with a teaspoon of Crisco. Melt in the microwave in 10 second increments, stirring in between, until the candy melts are melted.
- Dip a spoon into one of the melted candy melt colors and drizzle it over the cookies. Repeat with the other color(s).
- Quickly sprinkle on festive Christmas sprinkles before the candy melts harden.
- Here’s what makes the cookies sparkle…edible glitter! Hold the glitter pot high above the cookies and gentle tap with your finger to give the cookies a light dusting. A little glitter goes a long way, so don’t over do it.
- Place the festive sparkly Oreo glitter cookies on a pretty dessert stand and serve!
These pictures don’t do these festive sparkly glitter Oreo cookies justice. The cookies really sparkle and will make a beautiful addition to any treat table.
Have you ever used edible glitter?
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!