Not enough time to make dinner? Try this quick-n-easy creamy clam linguine and have a meal in 30-minutes!
When it comes to quick and tasty meals, this clam linguine fits the bill. Since this recipe uses canned chopped clams, it eliminates prep time while still having the light flavor of clams.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2019
1 cup - fresh sliced mushrooms
2 cloves - finely chopped garlic
1/4 cup - unsalted butter
3 T. - flour
2 - 6.5 oz. can chopped clams, drained, reserving liquid
1 1/4 cup - heavy cream or half-n-half
1/4 - 1/2 cup - freshly grated Parmesan cheese + extra for garnish
2 T. - fresh chopped Italian parsley + extra for garnish
1/4 tsp. - basil
1/4 tsp. - pepper
1 T. - dry sherry (optional)
- Cook linguine per package directions.
- In medium saucepan, cook mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and mix until butter is absorbed and a paste is created.
- Gradually stir in reserved clam liquid and cream. Cook for a few minutes until thickened.
- Add clams, Parmesan cheese, sherry, parsley and pepper. Mix and heat through.
- Serve over hot linguine. Garnish with additional chopped parsley, Parmesan cheese, and a tiny bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Don't skip the lemon, it adds a freshness to the dish.
- If you don't want a cream sauce, eliminate the cream.