Short on time and need a quick meal? Try this easy pesto chicken pasta and have dinner on the table in 30-minutes!
Ever had those days when you just don’t feel like cooking, but you still need to feed your family? I have! When this happens, I make this super easy pesto chicken pasta with a side of garlic bread and a simple green salad! It’s one of my go-to recipes when I need a quick meal because the only thing I need to cook is the pasta and everything else can be store bought!
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Have dinner on the table in 30-minutes and in one pot with this easy pesto chicken pasta recipe. #chicken #easydinner” quote=”Have dinner on the table in 30-minutes using only one pot!”]
Easy Pesto Chicken Pasta
Now, this recipe uses canned chunked chicken, but it can easily be substituted with fresh shredded chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken. Just keep in mind that you may need to adjust the seasonings if using your own chicken.
Oh, and this makes enough to make home lunch meals for the next day. My kids even eat the leftovers for a mini after-school meal. I hope you give this easy pesto chicken pasta a try!
Have dinner ready in about 30-minutes with this easy pesto chicken pasta meal. The only ingredient that needs to be cooked is the pasta and everything else is just heated through.
- 1 - 10 oz. bag penne pasta
- 2 - 10 oz. cans white chunk chicken meat, drained sub with shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 - 5 tbsp prepared pesto
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt/pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste optional
In a large pot, cook the penne pasta according to the package directions. Drain and place the pasta back into the pot. With the pot on medium heat, add in the olive oil, chicken pesto, butter, milk and cream. Stir and heat until butter is melted and everything is warmed through. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- If you want a creamier sauce, increase the milk and cream a 1/4 cup at a time. If adding more milk and cream, increase the pesto too.
- Shredded cooked chicken or store bought rotisserie chicken can be substituted for the canned chunk chicken.
- This recipe used grated Parmesan cheese in the green bottle.