This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias
My family is addicted to coffee creamers. I know. It’s a weird confession, but it’s true! I’m sure it has a lot to do with my teens constantly looking for new ways to flavor their iced Frappuccino creations. In fact, we use so much creamer that there have been more than a few ’emergency’ store runs to replace it. Although I will admit, I’m okay with the coffee creamer obsession. It gives me an excuse to stock up on one of my favorite seasonal International Delight® Coffee Creamers, Peppermint Mocha, that I use to create a family favorite holiday dessert – Peppermint Mocha Mousse!
So naturally, when I went on a grocery trip to Walmart and came across a cooler in the dairy section filled with seasonal International Delight® Coffee Creamers, it was like hitting the coffee creamer jackpot! My older teens look forward to the ever changing seasonal flavors of International Delight® Coffee Creamers for their daily iced Frappuccino creations (even in fall/winter) and my youngest uses them to flavor her hot chocolate.
Not only did I pick up our standard Caramel Macchiato creamer, I also picked up two bottles of International Delight® Peppermint Mocha and one Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer so my son can make the frappe recipe in the video below ⇓⇓⇓. And I plan on going back for the Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer too – yum!
Honestly, it sounds crazy to have so much coffee creamer, but it’s such an easy way to add the tasty flavors of the holiday season to coffee AND to favorite recipes too! I don’t limit creamer just for coffee. Oh, nooo. I take full advantage of the seasonal International Delight® Coffee Creamers to add holiday flavors to pancakes, whipped cream, dessert sauces, cakes, and more! In fact, peppermint mocha creamer has become the perfect ingredient to jazz up my basic chocolate mousse recipe and turn it into a fabulous holiday dessert that my family loves!
How to Make Peppermint Mocha Mousse
Okay, are you ready to make this delicious decadent dessert? It’s an easy dessert to make and will become a ‘go to’ recipe when you need something a little fancier than a cup of pudding. My youngest daughter describes this mousse as chocolate marshmallow pudding and will steal spoonfuls if I don’t keep a keen eye on her.
Sprinkle gelatin over cold water and stir until the gelatin is completely combined with the water. Add boiling water and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Set this aside.
To help thicken the mousse, you’ll want to keep the mixing bowl really cold. To do this, place ice into a large bowl and insert slightly smaller bowl into it. Then add sugar, cocoa powder, International Delight® Peppermint Mocha, heavy cream, and peppermint extract.
Mix on high-speed until it starts to thicken (2-3 minutes) and add in the gelatin. Continue to mix on high-speed until the mixture begins to hold waves. Don’t worry if the mix seems too thin because the gelatin will harden and thicken the mix as it cools in the refrigerator for 10 – 15 minutes.
When the mousse mixture has cooled for 10 -15 minutes, scoop it into a piping bag and pipe into 5 ounce dessert cups. This is a decadent dessert, so keep the portions small! Now, whip up some fresh whipped cream or use store bought to add to the top of the mousse.
Crush 8-10 pieces of peppermint candy and sprinkle on the top of each mousse cup. Serve!
Add #DelightfulMoments to your holiday season by creating this Peppermint Mocha Mousse and enjoying coffee flavored with any of the International Delight® Coffee Creamers!
- 2 envelopes gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cups Delight Peppermint Mocha Creamer
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Decorative Toppings - Optional
- crushed candy cane or peppermint candy
- In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and stir until well mixed. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- Add ice into a large bowl and insert a smaller bowl into the ice. To the smaller bowl, add sugar, cocoa powder, International Delight Peppermint Mocha creamer, heavy whipping cream, and peppermint extract. Beat on high speed until the mixture begins to become thick. Pour in gelatin mixture and beat until waves form in the mixture. Place bowl into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to thicken up.
- Spoon into 5 ounce dessert cups or place mousse in piping bag and pipe into the dessert cups (Piping is better as it creates a nice look). Place into the refrigerator while the topping is prepared.
- Add ice into a large bowl and insert a smaller bowl into the ice. Add heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla to the smaller bowl. Whip on high until stiff peaks form. Place whipped cream into a piping bag and pipe onto the top of the mousse. Serve or add crushed peppermint candy toppings.
- Optional - Place 8 peppermint candy or 2 candy canes in a plastic bag and crush. Sprinkle on top of each mousse cup right before serving with a whole peppermint. Serve.
- Keep portions small as this is a very sweet and decadent dessert.
- If making ahead and storing, store mousse in a large bowl and place a plastic wrap directly on the mousse to prevent a hard layer from forming on the outside. Pipe mousse into serving cups only a day ahead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Ghirardelli Majestic Premium Cocoa Powder, 32 oz
Knox Gelatin Mix, Unflavored, 1 oz (Pack of 4) - with Make Your Day 4-in-1 Measuring Spoon
McCormick Culinary Pure Peppermint Extract, 16 fl oz
Domino Sugar, Granulated, Plastic Resealable Bag, 10 lb.
Superior Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids - 8 Piece Mixing Bowl Set with BPA- Free lids, Space Saving Nesting Bowls
Cuisinart HM-90S Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer with Storage Case