Intimidated by the thought of making homemade pie crust? You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make when you try this simple Crisco pie crust!
I’m not going to lie, I used to hate making pie crust. Why? Because I had it in my head that it was too difficult and would opt for a store-bought crust EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Lucky for me, while I was perusing my mom’s recipe box, I found an easy pie crust recipe that was marked ‘Maui 1st place’, so I gave it a try and it was amazing for such a simple pie dough recipe.Make your own pie crust with this Quick and Easy Crisco Pie Crust.
Quick and Easy Crisco Pie Crust
What I like about this homemade pie crust recipe is that it’s super easy and quick! I can have this pie dough in the pie pan in about 25 – 30 minutes, start to finish with no fuss. This recipe is enough for one 9″ pie crust that is rolled to 1/8″ thickness. Oh, and this crust isn’t just for pies, use it to make chicken pot pie crust too!
Butter or plain Crisco can be used. I use butter Crisco. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Sift dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Cut in Crisco (lard) until there is a crumbly appearance.
3. Add water a tablespoon at a time until mixture is just moist enough to hold together. Roll into a ball and slightly flatten. Wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
4. Place dough on a floured surface. Begin to roll out to 1/8" thickness and large enough circle for a 9" pie pan.
5. Transfer pie crust to pie pan. Make sure to gently press the pie crust into the pie pan so that it makes contact with the bottom and sides of the pan. Trim crust and use cut pieces to add to areas that need more dough. Roll the crust to create a rolled edge.
6. To create a fluted edge, use the pointer and thumb on one had to create a v-shape and place on the outside edge of crust. Use the thumb on the other hand and push from the inside of the crust towards the v-shape. Continue this all aroudn the pie. Use a fork to prick several holes on the bottom of the crust.
7. For unbaked crust - follow pie recipe instructions.For baked crust - Bake for 12 minutes in a 450 degrees oven.
Butter or plain Crisco can be used. I use butter Crisco.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you use this recipe for your next dessert, take a picture of your creation and tag me on Instagram @mypinterventures or post it on Facebook and tag me.