This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and the Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #StartYourYearRefreshed #CollectiveBias
Are you looking for new ways to start your new year refreshed? I know the new year marks the time when many of us, myself included, make resolutions to improve our eating and snacking habits. So today, I’m sharing a tasty Maple Orange Granola Mix and how to save on fresh cut fruit to help you kick-off your new year on the right foot!
I don’t know about you, but for me, the main struggle to better snacking habits has always been the convenience of the snack. In the past, grabbing a bag of chips or tossing back a few cookies seemed like the obvious snack choice. I know, I deserve a spanking on my snack habits and have room for improvement – the ongoing struggle is real!
Thankfully, my local Albertsons has come to my rescue. They recently remodeled and moved their fresh cut fruit bowls to the front entrance of the store; talk about convenient! In addition, I’ve been seeing “Start Your Year Refreshed” signs throughout the store that offer a $4 off my Fresh Cut Fruit via Catalina when I buy $15 worth of participating Coca-Cola products: Minute Maid Orange Juice, Simply Orange Juice, POWERADE, Vitamin water, and Smart water.
And with my kids heading back to school from winter vacation, I totally took advantage of this offer to replenish my pantry. I stocked up on Minute Maid Orange Juice for the kids, POWERADE for the hubby, and vitaminwater for myself. Then, on my next trip, I used the savings coupon to pick up some fresh fruit bowls and whipped up my Maple Orange Granola Mix recipe to top them off – yummy!
Maple Orange Granola Mix
This tasty granola mix has lots of oats, nuts, and dried cranberries with just a hint of orange flavor. It makes a great snack and is the perfect complement to top fresh fruits or yogurt.
First, coat oatmeal, oat & almond cereal, and bran cereal with a warmed orange juice mixture. Next, spread this mix onto a large baking sheet that is sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes at 325°F.
Tip – It’s tempting to add in the nuts now, but adding them to the mix later will prevent them from burning and becoming bitter.
After 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven, mix in the nuts, and return the mix to the oven to finish baking.
When the oatmeal mixture is nice and crisp, remove it from the oven and mix in the dried cranberries. Now, let the mix cool before storing it in the refrigerator.
Then, when you’re ready for some fresh fruit, top it off with yogurt, Maple Orange Granola, and a glass of Minute Maid Orange Juice to help bring out the granola’s orange flavor. It’s delicious and definitely helps me stay on track with better snacking!
How will you be starting the new year refreshed?
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oatmeal (do not sub with quick cook)
- 2 cups oat & almond cereal (choose your favorite brand)
- 1/3 cup crunchy bran cereal
- 1/3 cup Minute Maid Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (substitute with honey)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- optional - 2 tsp. orange extract
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together oatmeal, oat cereal, and bran cereal. In a small sauce pan on low heat, stir together orange juice, maple syrup, oil, and cinnamon just until heated through, but not boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the orange extract. Pour over the oat & cereal mixture. Toss and mix until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet. Bake in a 325°F oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from oven and mix in pecans and almonds. Return to oven and bake another 10 - 15 minutes or until crispy. Total bake time between 20 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Serve with fresh fruit or yogurt. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Swap out nuts to your liking.
- Honey can be substituted for maple syrup, but may produce oat clumps.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
McCormick Pure Orange Extract, 1 fl oz
Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set for Nonstick Cookware
Pam Original No-Stick Cooking Spray 100% natural Canola Oil (2 pack - 12oz each can)
Amazon Basics Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, 12" X 200'
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 1-Quart Sauce Pan
Nordic Ware Baker's Big Baking Sheet, 1-Pack, Silver