This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IDSimplyPure #CollectiveBias
I have to admit that I’m not always the best at eating breakfast. I still struggle with making sure I eat, but making these Fresh Fruit and Custard Pudding Cups ahead of time has helped me keep on track by creating two days of breakfasts with one recipe!
It’s always a plus when I get two days of breakfasts from one recipe. I get to enjoy a cup of coffee flavored with International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer with a savory seasoned egg white scramble on day one and sweet pudding cups on day two.
The most important ingredient to create Fresh Fruit and Custard Pudding Cups is the creamer. I like to use vanilla flavored International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer that I pick-up at Walmart in the dairy section. I like to use this creamer because Simply Pure includes only 5 simple ingredients, is already flavored, and tastes great.
Fresh Fruit and Custard Pudding Cups
The first part of creating two great breakfast meals is to start with the easiest custard pudding ever! Since International Delight Simply Pure already contains real milk, cream. and sugar, I only need to add three additional ingredients to create custard – egg yolks, salt, and cornstarch.
To start, place a strainer over a bowl and set aside. Next, separate the yolks from the egg whites and set aside. Now that the hardest part of the recipe is done, whisk together the vanilla creamer, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. When all the cornstarch is dissolved, add in the egg yolks and turn the heat on to a medium temperature.
Remember, don’t throw out the egg whites! Season the egg whites with your favorite spices or additives and cook it up after the pudding is done. This will be the first-day breakfast to enjoy with International Delight Simply Pure flavored coffee.
Continue to whisk the mixture until it starts to thicken – about 5 minutes. It’s important to keep the mixture moving or the bottom will burn. Lower the temperature to medium-low, switch to a spatula, and continue to mix for another 3-5 minutes.
Remove the pudding and run through the strainer. Let the pudding cool for 10 minutes. To prevent a skin from forming on the pudding, place plastic wrap onto the surface of the pudding. Let cool for another 2o minutes before placing in the refrigerator to chill for 24 hours. While the pudding is chilling, wash and prep your chosen fruits and granola.
This is the fun part – Fresh Fruit and Custard Pudding Cups assembly! Stir the chilled custard and place two spoonfuls each into the bottom of three cups. Layer with fruits, granola, and crushed cinnamon graham (optional). Repeat this step until the cups are full.
And now you’re ready to enjoy day two’s breakfast – Fresh Fruit and Custard Pudding Cups with a cup of coffee flavored with International Delight Simply Pure creamer. Enjoy!
I love that I can save time and create a savory breakfast and sweet breakfast with one recipe. If you decide you want a different flavored custard or morning coffee, International Delight Simply Pure comes in three flavors – vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel – give it a try!
What flavor International Delight Simply Pure creamer would you use in your coffee or custard?
- 3 cups Delight Simply Pure Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 5 large egg yolks
- pinch Kosher salt
- 12 medium strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup granola or crushed cinnamon crackers
- Prep - Add a strainer over a bowl to strain cooked pudding.
- In a small sauce pan, add cornstarch, salt, and Delight Simply Pure Vanilla Coffee Creamer. Whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add egg yolks and whisk until all the yolks are incorporated. Turn on heat to medium. Continuously whisk until the pudding thickens - about 5 minutes. Switch to a spatula and reduce heat to medium low, Continue to mix for another 3 - 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a prepared strainer and bowl. Let cool for 10 minutes. Place plastic wrap on custard. Let cool for another 20 minutes on the counter. Place in the refrigerator to chill for several hours or overnight.
- Add two spoonfuls of chilled custard into the bottom of three cups. Layer with fruit and granola/graham. Repeat custard, fruit, and granola layer. End with the last layer of custard and top with granola/graham. Serve.
Use this custard to create your own fruit cups using your favorite fruits.