Time for another cleaning & organization challenge! This week’s focus is on the bathroom, my least favorite place to clean in the entire house. Well, the garage is a close second, but in terms of gross factor, first place goes to the bathroom. Anyway, here is a FREE 30 Day Bathroom Cleaning & Organization Challenge printable and a few tips that will help get any bathroom nice and tidy!
If you are just jumping in now, there are two other challenges that have already posted. You can find the other posts here ===>>> 30 Day Kitchen & Cleaning Challenge & 30 Day Living Room Cleaning & Organization Challenge.
Again, this challenge will be a self-paced 30 day cleaning and organization challenge. So work on tasks at your own pace, in any order, and only when you have the time to complete them. Save large time-consuming tasks for the weekends or when you have help. Finally, do what works for you and your home. If any of the ideas listed below don’t work for you, skip it and try something else. The only rule is to complete an entire room in 30 days. And since this is a bathroom challenge, this will include all your home’s bathrooms.
[Tweet “FREE Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & organization tips @pinterventures #organization #cleaning”]
Bathroom Cleaning Tips:
- Grab a box or basket and place everything that doesn’t belong in the bathroom in it. These items should be removed from the bathroom. All items should have a home and put away in it’s proper place.
- Have a bathroom cleaning kit with all your cleaning supplies at hand.
- Use baskets to contain items and pop-up shelves to add vertical space under the sink. Yes, I know bottles stand on their own, BUT they ALWAYS fall over, so invest in some baskets or recycle some boxes.
- Start from the top down. Cleaning the lights, walls, and any shelves or ledges first.
- If family members are old enough to help, delegate some tasks.
Bathroom Cleaning Solutions:
- Best Cleaning Advice from a Pro: Bathroom Cleaners via Intelligent Domestications => Shirley had a commercial cleaning business and shares her favorite tried and true cleaning products.
- 5 Tips to Always Have a Clean Bathroom via The Crazy Organized Blog => Lindsay shares bathroom tips that will help make bathroom cleaning easier. I’ve used her cleaning wand in the shower trick and I LOVE it! I plan on using her toilet brush tip too!
- Bathroom Cleaning Kit with FREE printable => From yours truly. This is a great kit to use with teens to get them involved in keeping their bathroom clean.
- How to Clean a Shower Head via The Melrose Family => Jenny shows us an easy way to get all the gunk off the shower head.
- How to Clean Your Bathtub via They Are Crafty => Great before and after pics of a tub using one of my favorite cleaners – Bar Keepers Friend.
- Homemade Toilet Tank Tablet Cleaner via eHow => This is a new tip that I haven’t tried. Sounds interesting though.
- How to Keep Your Shower Clean with Rain-X via Uncommon Designs => I’ve tried this and it helps keep water spots on glass to a minimum.
- How to Remove Rust from Chrome in the Bathroom via Simplicity In The South => If you have rust showing up on your shiney chrome light fixtures, learn how to clean it off AND prevent it from coming back!
- Bathroom Cleaning Tips from Scotch-Brite
Bathroom Organization Tips:
- Under the Sink Bathroom Storage Solutions via The Crazy Organized Blog => Lindsay walks you through her steps of creating a neat under the sink bathroom storage area. She suggests a lot of containers from Target, but check the 99 Cents Only store for budget friendly options too.
- 44 Best Small Bathroom Organization Ideas via Home BNC => Tons of storage ideas all in one place.
- Master Bathroom Organization via The Kolb Corner => Amanda shows how she uses baskets and boxes to organize her bathroom goodies. I love that she shows you a real normal real used bathroom that isn’t blog photo perfect.
- Expiration Dates for Every Beauty Product Infographic bia Buzzfeed => Yes, go through everything and throw out the old stuff.
- Do This Not That Vanity Storage via BHG
- How to Organize Your Medicine Cabinet and Make It Pretty via Pop Sugar => I love the ideas in this post and plan on prettying up my medicine cabinet.
A Few of My Favorite Bathroom Tools:
GRAB YOUR 2-PAGE 30 DAY BATHROOM CLEANING & ORGANIZATION CHALLENGE ⇓⇓
Thanks for sharing so much information. Looking forward to implementing them real soon! 🙂
I really need to get a cleaning kit together. I hate when I need to clean something (like the bathroom) and can’t find my cleaners. Drives me batty! Thanks for the awesome ideas!
It is such a time saver. I used to run around getting my supplies and I hated it. I love having a kit in every bathroom so there is no more running around.