Looking for a new dinner recipe? It’s time to dust off that slow cooker (crockpot) to make this simple Soy Honey Garlic Chicken recipe!
After a lingering winter season, it’s finally starting to warm up. Yay! That being said, with the weather warming up, using a slow cooker to make dinner is an easy way to make dinner without adding heat to the house. But the best thing about this soy honey garlic chicken recipe is it only takes 5 minutes to prep and can be ready in as little as 3 hours!
Slow Cooker Honey Soy Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs. chicken breast or substitute with chicken thighs, defrosted
- Reduced sodium soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Toasted sesame oil
- Garlic, grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional – Scallions (green onions), diagonally cut
- Optional – Toasted sesame seeds
- Slow Cooker/Crockpot
- Measuring spoons & cups
- Forks or hand mixer to shred chicken
- Optional – knife and cutting board
Step 1. Add all the ingredients, except scallions and toasted sesame seeds, into the slow cooker and mix to combine and coat the chicken.
Step 2. Set slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours or 6-7 hours on low.
Step 3. Shred the honey soy garlic chicken using a mixer or hand shred with forks.
Step 4. Serve shredded honey soy garlic chicken over rice. Top with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
This meal is so easy to make! It only takes a few minutes to dump the ingredients into a slow cooker, set it, and forget it! In a few hours, the result is a flavorful honey soy garlic chicken dish. Serve with rice, noodles, Asian chicken salads, or sandwiches. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. chicken breast (about 4 pieces) or chicken thighs (about 5 pieces), defrosted
- 1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 1 T. toasted sesame oil
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, grated
- ¼ tsp. salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, or to taste
- Optional - 2 scallions (green onions), diagonally chopped for topping
- Optional - 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- Add soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, grated garlic, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, salt and pepper into the slow cooker. Stir until well combined.
- Place chicken into the slow cooker and coat in the sauce.
- Set the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low. Make sure to flip the chicken when cooked halfway.
- Once fully cooked, shred the chicken with forks or use a hand mixer for quick shredding.
Serve with rice and top with scallions and sesame seeds
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Kadoya Pure Sesame Oil Fluid Ounce, 11 Fl Oz (B3039)
Marukan Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar, 12 Ounce Glass Bottle (Pack of 1)
Aloha Lower Salt Soy Sauce, 24 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce, hoisin, spicy, sweet sauce, 36.0 Ounce
Porcelain Bowls Set of 4, Ceramic Salad Bowl, Large Serving Bowl, Set of 4
Meat Claws Shredder - Pack of 2 Durable Bear Paws for Shredding, Pulling, Cutting, Meats
OXO Good Grips Etched Ginger & Garlic Grater
Hamilton Beach Programmable Slow Cooker with Three Temperature Settings, 7-Quart + Lid Latch Strap, Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 1465mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 34g