Super Simple Chili Recipe
It’s the fall season. The air is chillier, long sleeves are out of storage, and warm stews will become a dinner staple. One of my favorites is chili. Why do I love it so much? For starters, it’s a quick meal, preps in one pot, and feeds all six of us with enough leftover for lunch. Plus, the kids eat it up with no complaints…can’t beat that.
All ingredients in one pot. Super simple and easy.
We serve over rice with some sour cream and shredded cheese.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can add or adjust this to your taste. You can add yellow bell peppers, corn, substitute one can kidney beans with black beans, etc… Eat it with rice, tortilla chips, crackers, over hotdogs, etc…
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 15oz. cans kidney beans with liquid
- 2 15oz. cans pinto beans with liquid
- 1 10oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies (If you have young kids, you can substitute plain diced tomatoes)
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 15 oz. water (fill one of the tomato sauce cans)
- 1 cup coarse chopped celery (about two stalks)
- half of a medium onion coarse chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot over medium heat. Drain off the fat.
- Add all the ingredients into the pot. Turn heat down to low.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.