This post contains affiliate links. Purchases made through these links may result in a small commission at no additional cost to you. Appreciate and thank you for the support.
Quick and easy meatloaf recipe is the perfect hearty meal for the entire family.
Truth be told, growing up, I never liked meatloaf. I’m not sure why I didn’t like it, but I guess my taste buds have changed quite a bit because I love it now! And since I didn’t love it growing up, I’ve only recently been making it for my family (a few years). And the funny thing is, this quick and easy meatloaf is one of my kids favorite meals.
I made this last night and my kids came running down the stairs. They know the smell of meatloaf and are always eager to eat it. It’s a meal they even look forward to eating the next day and will fight over leftovers, which is a plus for me since I hate wasting food.
Before I get to the recipe, there are a few things that I like to add into my meatloaf, but aren’t necessary if you don’t like them. I add carrots and bell peppers in my meatloaf to use up fresh produce and get veggies into my family’s diet. Again, if you don’t have these ingredients or don’t like them, you can totally leave them out and still make this quick and easy meatloaf.
- 2 lb. ground beef (I use 80/20)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup red onion, chopped (substitute with any onion)
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded (small carrot) - optional
- 1/4 cup yellow or red bell pepper, finely chopped - optional
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 T. dark brown sugar
- 2 T. mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a pan (9" x 13") with foil or use a glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add all the meatloaf ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
- Place meat onto foil lined pan and shape into a low and wide rectangle shape (about 1 3/4" high x 9" long x 5.5" wide).
- Mix together the glaze and spread over the top of the meatloaf. Let some go over the side. Note: You can double the glaze recipe and save some on the side for those that want extra sauce.
- Place in the oven and bake for about an hour. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Carrots and bell peppers can be omitted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Delling Large Serving Platter Set -16/14/12inch White Rectangular Dessert/Salad Plates - Set of 3
Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Square Feet
Superior Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids - 8 Piece Mixing Bowl Set with BPA- Free lids
Cook with Color Plastic Mixing Bowls with Lids - 8 Piece Nesting Bowls Set includes 4 Prep Bowls and 4 Lids (Blue Ombre)
CHEFMADE 13-Inch Rimmed Baking Pan13" x 9" (Champagne Gold)