Short on time and need a super fast meal? Try this Cheese Ravioli Lasagna with Ground Beef for hearty family meal.
The first time I saw this recipe was on Pinterest a few years ago. Since then, I’ve tweaked it to my family’s liking and it’s now become a favorite family recipe that I serve with garlic bread.
What I love about this cheese ravioli lasagna is that it’s quick and easy to make. It’s perfect for busy weeknights and is even freezer friendly! It’s basically layering pasta sauce, frozen cheese ravioli, chopped spinach, ground beef and onions, and cheese. So easy!
Another reason I love this cheese ravioli recipe is that the ingredients can easily be swapped out to satisfy your family’s taste. For example, the ground beef can be left out entirely and more veggies can be added for a meatless meal. If you have carnivores in the house (that’s us), ground beef can be swapped out for Italian sausage and various cheeses can be added for a change in flavor. Whatever you decide, this cheese ravioli lasagna will quickly become a favorite family meal!
- 1 -25 oz. bag frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 - 24 oz, bottle pasta sauce
- 1 - 10 oz. box frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups shredded Mozarella cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 medium chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 - 2 cloves chopped garlic
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a pan on medium high heat, brown ground beef, chopped onions, garlic, and Italian herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Defrost frozen spinach in a microwave and squeeze all the water out. Set aside.
- In a 9" x 13" pan, pour about a cup of pasta sauce. Add a layer each of frozen ravioli, half the spinach, half the ground beef, and half the cheese. Pour the remaining sauce over the layers and repeat the layers, ending with the cheese on top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 - 60 minutes (cook time will depend on oven). To add color to the cheese, remove the foil and place the dish under the broiler for 3 - 5 minutes. Serve.
- To change the flavor, switch out the cheese to your favorite.
- Make this meatless by leaving out the ground beef.
- For a freezer meal, layer in a foil pan and cover. Make sure the ground beef is cool before freezing. Bake from frozen for about 1.5 hours or until the center is hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Prego Traditional Italian Sauce, 24 oz (Pack of 3)
Santoku Knife - imarku 7 inch Kitchen Knife Ultra Sharp German HC Stainless Steel
Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Square Feet
GreenLife Bakeware Healthy Ceramic Nonstick, Rectangular Cake Pan, 13" x 9", Turquoise
12" Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with 100% APEO & PFOA-Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating from Germany