Now that my craft room challenge is over, I’m finally able to use my craft room! I’ve been dying to make something for Valentine’s Day and decided to make this Valentine’s Day Ribbon Loop Wreath with the rolls of Valentine’s Day ribbon I found while cleaning my craft room.
With Valentine’s Day only a little more than a week away, this simple DIY wreath craft is perfect for a quick V-Day craft.
[Tweet “Quick and simple Valentine’s Day Ribbon Loop Wreath with dollar store ribbon. #Valentinesday #wreath #ribbonwreath “]
Valentine’s Day Ribbon Loop Wreath
If you prefer to watch a video, scroll to the bottom and watch.
- 5 – 2.5″ wired ribbon rolls or 15 yds. of ribbon (I used 3 patterned ribbons and 2 rolls of sheer pink ribbon for the dollar store)
- 1 – 14″ foam wreath foam
- 1″ to 1 1/2″ box of pearl head pins
- red acrylic paint (feel free to use white, pink, or any other color you like)
- paint brush
- Paint the entire wreath form red and let it dry. Repeat with a second coat and let dry. I promise this is the hardest part…waiting for the paint to dry.
- Cut ribbon into 6″ lengths. I used about 98 – 6″ ribbon cuts. Leave one cut ribbon on the side to use for the wreath hanger.
- Roll the 6″ ribbon cuts into a ribbon loop by overlapping the ends by about 3/4″ – 1″. Fold the overlapping ends over each other like an accordion.
- Push a needle through the folded part of the ribbon with the pin head on the inside of the loop.
Note: The ribbon will only need to cover the top half of the wreath form. Focus the ribbon on the top and about 1/2 way down the outside of the wreath form.
- Randomly push each pin and ribbon loop into the wreath form until the top and about 1/2 way down the outside of the wreath is covered. Fill to the line shown in the image above.
- Use the 6″ ribbon that was set aside to make the wreath hanger by pinning the ends to the back of the wreath.
Now the wreath is ready to hang!