Still haven’t put out any July 4th decor yet? No worries, head over to the 99 Cent Only store and pick up a few 21″ x 21″ flag bandana squares and whip up some patriotic flag dining chair covers in under 30 minutes!
Just for reference, my chair backs are a flat style and are these Pier 1 Torrance dining chairs. The chair backs measure approximately 20.5″ high by 17.5″ wide. If you chairs are slightly larger in width (up to 18.5″), they should be ok. I tried fitting this on my farm style chairs with a very curved back (19″ wide) and they didn’t work as well and were a little snug.
Patriotic Flag Dining Chair Covers
This post contains affiliate links. Purchases made through these links may result in a small earnings at no additional cost to you.
- 2 flag bandana squares per chair
- thread (red, white, or blue)
- sewing machine or fabric glue
- Iron out the wrinkles in the flags.
- Take two flag bandana squares and place the right sides together.
- Pin three sides of the flag. Since the squares are sometimes not sewn evenly square, match the bottom edges of the flag together and pin the right and left sides of the square together first. Then, pin the top of the flag (where the stars are).
- Sew the flags together starting at the bottom and work you way around the flag to the other side. I left about a 1/4″ seam edge. When done, the bottom of the flag should be the only area not sewn together. Remove any pins
- If you don’t sew, you can use fabric glue or hand sew around the three edges of the flag.
- Slip over chairs and enjoy!
Hope you liked this super easy and quick way to add some patriotic decor to your home. It takes under 30 minutes and gives a huge impact for a small investment.