If you love giant soft bakery style chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is for you!
My kids love my Copycat Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, but this Jumbo Bakery Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is a bit easier to make, which is a plus in my book. And since I’m sharing this recipe during the holiday season, these bakery style cookies make for a fabulous food gift.
What makes these jumbo soft chocolate chip cookies special is the enormous size. These cookies measure about 3″ to 3.25″ across and are ‘thickums’! The outside has a thin crunchy crust and the inside is soft and moist…so good!
Soft Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
How to make jumbo sized bakery style chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet (15" x 21") with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat at medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Note: this can be done in a regular bowl with a hand mixer too. When creamy, add in the eggs and vanilla. Beat until everything is incorporated and creamy.
- Add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Beat at low speed just until the flour in incorporated in. Hand stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Loosely shape dough into 12, 4 - 4.1 ounce balls. I use a kitchen scale to measure the weight. Then, place onto the prepared baking sheet, 2" apart. Bake on the center oven rack for 12- 15 minutes. Note: if the cookies are browning too fast, place foil over the cookies and continue to bake until the center is just set. Do not over bake or the bottoms will burn.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. Cookies will continue to bake and set while cooling. Serve warm or let completely cool before storing in an air tight container. Cookies will keep up to 2 weeks, but these never last more than a few days at our house.
Note: This can be made with all semi-sweet chocolate chips for a sweeter cookie or all dark chocolate chips for a less sweet cookie.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Measuring Spoons and Cups Combo Set 430 Stainless Steel Premium Stackable Tablespoons Unbreakable Dry Liquid Ingredients Cooking Baking Set of 10
Superior Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids - 8 Piece Mixing Bowl Set with BPA- Free lids
Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set for Nonstick Cookware
Reynolds Kitchens Parchment Paper Roll with SmartGrid, 45 Square Feet
Oven Thermometer 50-300°C/100-600°F, Oven Grill Fry Chef Smoker Thermometer Instant Read Stainless Steel Thermometer Kitchen Cooking Thermometer
Nordic Ware Baker's Big Baking Sheet, 1-Pack, Silver
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 4gSugar: 31gProtein: 8g
More Cookie Recipes...
Fried Rosette Cookies - Bunuelos
A light and crispy fried cookie that can be eaten plain or dusted with sugar or cinnamon sugar coating.