Did you know that July 4th is also known as Independence Day? In celebration of America’s independence, I made this interactive and fun party game that’s perfect for this patriotic holiday. Use this free July 4th I Spy Game at your next barbecue or picnic to celebrate this U.S. holiday!
Download July 4th I Spy Game (Patriotic I Spy)
Please note that these are for personal use and should not be copied and sold.
Like my other printable I Spy Games, there are two versions: easy and hard. The easy July 4th I Spy Game has the number of each item hidden image and the hard version has no hints. To download and print the July 4th I Spy Game, click on the images below.
Supplies Needed to Play
- Printer – A color printer to print out the Patriotic I Spy Game
- Heavyweight printer paper – I recommend 40lb. weight
- Download & print Patriotic I Spy Game Printable (links above)
- Pen or pencil – to check off the images found or to write the number of items found.
- Optional – game prizes
How to Play
If playing the hard version of the July 4th I Spy game, print out the easy version to use as an answer sheet. The easy version will have the correct number of hidden items that need to be found.
- Hard July 4th I Spy – give a time limit of between 2 – 3 minutes. The winner is the person who finishes first with all the correct number of found items.
- Easy July 4th I Spy – give a time limit of 3 – 4 minutes. The winner is the person who finishes first with all the correct items numbered or circled.
- Relay Play – This is fun when there are a large amount of people. Group people into teams of no more than 14 since there are only 14 unique hidden images. Using the hard version, the first player will have to find all the first image shown (USA) and write the number. Then, pass it to the next player and that player will have to find all of the second image (popsicle) and write the number found. Keep passing the paper to the next player until all the images are found. The team that finishes first with the correct number of images found wins!
Game Prize Ideas
If you want to give out prizes for playing the I Spy Game, here are a few ideas that fit the patriotic theme.
Hope you enjoy this 4th of July I Spy Game printable. For more I Spy games and patriotic ideas, make sure to check out the links below.