July is National Ice Cream Month and it totally makes sense since this is when we have some of the hottest weather. And when it’s hot, you better believe we’re making and eating cold desserts, like these frosty ice cream recipes.
But before we get to the frosty ice cream recipes, I thought it would be fun to share a few ice cream fun facts.
Ice Cream Fun Facts*
- Ice cream origins go back to 2nd century B.C.
- Marco Polo brought back a recipe from the Far East that closely resembled sherbet, which most likely evolved into ice cream in the 16th century.
- The first official account of ice cream in America was in a letter written by a guest of the governor of Maryland in 1774.
- The first ice cream advertisement was in the New York Gazzette in 1777.
- Merchant records show President George Washington spent $200 on ice cream in 1790.
- Ice cream became more widely available in 1800 due to new freezing and processing machines.
- During WWII, the first floating ice cream parlor was built for sailors in the Western Pacific.
- Americans eat an average of 19.7 pounds of ice cream per person each year.
15 Frosty Ice Cream Recipes
No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
- Chocolate Malted Crunch Ice Cream via Kleinworth & Co. (PIN IT)
- Pineapple Coconut No Churn Ice Cream via Organized Island (PIN IT)
- Chunky Monkey Ice Cream -No Churn & Dairy Free via Spaceships and Laser Beams (PIN IT)
- No Churn Cake Batter Ice Cream via Gluesticks Blog (PIN IT)
- Unicorn Vanilla Ice Cream via 3 Boys and A Dog (PIN IT)
- No Churn Strawberry Kiwi Ice Cream via Organized Island (PIN IT)
- No Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream via Spaceships and Laser Beams (PIN IT)
- No Churn Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream via Cincy Shopper (PIN IT)
- No Churn Brownie Fudge Ice Cream via She Saved (PIN IT)
- Fudgy German Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream with The Curious Creamery via My Pinterventures (PIN IT)
Ice Cream Maker Recipes
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Ice Cream via Cooking with Carlee (PIN IT)
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream via Walking on Sunshine (PIN IT)
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream via Kristy Still (PIN IT)
- Strawberry Ice Cream made with Milk via Gluesticks Blog (PIN IT)
- Blueberry Graham Cracker Ice Cream via Eat Move Make (PIN IT)
- Easy 3-ingredient Pineapple Ice Cream via Crafting a Family (PIN IT)
Here’s even more Delicious Ice Cream Recipes that include dairy free and no churn.
I hope you enjoyed the ice cream fun facts and frosty ice cream recipes. Now, let’s get to the Merry Monday Link Party for tons of summer ideas!
*”The History of Ice Cream.” IDFA, www.idfa.org/news-views/media-kits/ice-cream/the-history-of-ice-cream, Accessed July, 8 2018.
*”How Many Pounds of Ice Cream does the Average American Eat Annually?” Business State Journal, 17 June 2017, host.madison.com/wsj/business/how-many-pounds-of-ice-cream-does-the-average-american/article_8459cc73-424e-5b36-90d4-529719f92ada.html, Accessed July 8, 2018.
Welcome to Merry Monday Link Party #213
- My Pinterventures l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+ l YT
- Made In A Day l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Domestically Creative l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Intelligent Domestications l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Cookies Coffee and Crafts l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
- Inside the Fox Den l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- Our Crafty Mom l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- DIY Adulation l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
- A Wonderful Thought l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram
- Two Purple Couches l Facebook l Twitter l Pinterest l Instagram l G+
Host Featured Posts
All features are pinned to the Merry Monday Link Party Board!
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Time to party & be seen on 10 blogs! Link-up your latest post on #MerryMonday 213 #linkparty! @pinterventures” quote=”Share your latest summer craft, recipe, DIY, and helpful home tips on the #MerryMonday Link Party!”]
Help support the party & grab a button to display on your blog or party page!
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
Themes for party #213
What we’re looking for this week for possible features next week:
- Recipes – Baked beans, Picnic dishes, hot dogs, ice cream, fried chicken, cheesecakes, & lasagnas
- Home – summer decor and home tours, & farmhouse tours
- Occasions – Summer travel tips, Pool party ideas. Back to School ideas
- Crafts & Activities – all things Summer – kid activities, patriotic crafts, and outdoor fun. Farmhouse crafts/DIY projects.