Looking for quick and easy weeknight meal ideas? Here are 11 super simple dinner ideas that can be prepared in under an hour (most under 45 minutes), which makes them perfect for the hectic back to school season or any busy weeknight.
Below, you’ll find hearty meals, light meals, and even meatless meals too!
[Tweet “11 Quick and Easy Weeknight Meal Ideas. Hearty, Light, & Meatless Options. #recipes”]
Quick and Easy Weeknight Meal Ideas
- Easy Greek Chicken Rice Bowls via Shaken Together (PIN IT) – Use Minute Rice and precooked chicken or buy roasted chicken to make this light chicken bowl.
- Easy Baked Chicken Taquitos via Living La Vida Holoka (PIN IT) – Canned chicken and taco seasoning make this quick taquito filling. You could also used store bought roasted chicken too.
- Grilled Flat Bread with Chorizo and Peppers via Food Family Fun (PIN IT) – This calls for grilling, but I think this can be made in the oven on a pizza stone too. Add a salad with this and you have the perfect light meal.
- Parmesan Buttered Noodles via My Heavenly Recipes (PIN IT) – Marci at My Heavenly Recipes says that this is a ‘go to’ recipe when her family is under the weather. It’s super simple and a yummy comfort food.
- Penne Aglio E Olio via Honey and Birch (PIN IT) – Can’t get any easier than this. Cooked pasta tossed with olive oil, garlic, pepper flakes, salt, parsley, and lemon zest. Yum!
- Crescent Roll Tomato-Basil Squares via The Kitchen is My Playground (PIN IT) – premade crescent roll dough, fresh tomato, basil and cheese make this tasty meatless meal.
- Easy Vegetable Stir Fry via Premeditated Leftovers (PIN IT) – This uses leftover rice, but you can substitute quick cook rice too. Add your veggies and you have a meal ready in about 30 minutes.
- Macaroni Chili via Simply Stacie (PIN IT) – Have a filling meal in under an hour with this easy macaroni chili recipe. Just boil some macaroni, brown some beef + veggies, add seasonings, and walla!
- Baked Parmesan Chicken via My Pinterventures (PIN IT) – Just dip chicken tenders in your favorite pre-made pasta sauce + seasoned bread crumbs and bake. Serve over pasta with extra sauce. Ready in about 45 minutes.
- Caribbean Grilled Pork Chops via What’s Cooking in the Burbs (PIN IT) – This recipe is super simple and only requires 5-ingredients! Oh, and it’s weight watcher friendly too.
- Sloppy Joe Meatball Subs via Growing Up Gabel (PIN IT) – use pre-made meatballs and your favorite sloppy joe sauce to create hearty meatball subs in about 35 minutes.
Find more delicious and easy meal ideas on my recipes boards on Pinterest ~
Now, let’s get to the party! Meet the Merry Monday Link Party Hosts!
It’s Twitter Follow Month! Although it isn’t required, we’d love for you to follow your Hosts on Twitter.
- Erlene ⋅ My Pinterventures
- Kim ⋅ Made In A Day
- Amanda ⋅ The Kolb Corner
- Shirley ⋅ Intelligent Domestications
- Emily ⋅ Two Purple Couches
- Chelc ⋅ Inside The Fox Den
- Sara ⋅ Twelve on Main
- Marie ⋅ DIY Adulation
- Kim ⋅ A Wonderful Thought
Last week’s most popular post(s)
How to Organize Your Schedule to be More Productive via The Kolb Corner (PIN IT)
To see more features, visit the other party hosts!
All features are pinned to the Merry Monday Link Party Board!
[Tweet “Time to party & be seen on 10 blogs! Link-up our latest post on #MerryMonday 167 #linkparty! @pinterventures”]
Help support the party & grab a button to display on your blog or party page!
Round-up themes for party #167
Each host will be choosing 8-10 posts from this week’s party for a themed feature round-up on next week’s Merry Monday party. What we’re looking for this week:
- Farmhouse Decor
- Back to School Ideas
- Recipes – sandwich recipes, back to school lunch ideas, bacon recipes. freezer meals, easy dinner ideas
Now, show us your latest recipes, crafts, DIY projects, home decor ideas, home tips, and anything you created!