Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite dips ever – clam dip. I love it, the kids love it, and I hope you’ll love it too. For those of you watching your firgure, it even tastes great using Neufchatal cheese for a lower calorie version.
I like my dip on the tart side, so I put lots of lemon and Worcestershire sauce. For me, this dip is the perfect combination of thick and creamy clam goodness. I’ve also updated the recipe and added some dill, since clams and dill go really well together and adds another layer of flavor.
I didn’t get any pictures of the preparation because it’s a super quick and easy dip to make. I pretty much dump everything into a mixing bowl or use a stand mixer to blend everything together. Then, I chill it for at least an hour and then serve chilled. So yummy!
- 2 (8 oz. blocks) of cream cheese or Neufchatal cheese, softened
- 4 T. Worcestshire sauce
- 4 T. Lemon juice
- 2 (6.5 oz. cans) chopped clams, one can drained and one can with juices with be used
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Let cream cheese sit out for 15 minutes to soften. Drain only one can of clams and discard the juice or save and use to make clam chowder. The other can with juices will be added into the clam dip mixture.
- Add cream cheese into a large bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer till smooth and creamy. A stand mixer can be used too.
- Add the Worcestshire and lemon juice to the cream cheese. Mix until well combined and smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated. Chill for an hour or overnight to let the flavors meld. Serve chilled.
If you don't like the taste of dill, reduce the dill to 3/4 tsp. or remove it and increase the parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Utopia Kitchen- 16 Piece Glass Food Storage Container (8 containers, 8 transparent lids)- Stackable & Leak-proof- BPA Free locking lids
Cuisinart HM-90S Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer with Storage Case, White
KitchenAid KSM105GBCER 5-Qt. Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Glass Bowl and Flex Edge Beater - Empire Red
Superior Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids - 8 Piece Mixing Bowl Set with BPA- Free lids