Love soft and chewy cookies? Try this delicious White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies recipe.
It’s time for the May Pin Challenge! The purpose of the Pinterest Challenge is to motivate us to not just pin, but to make it happen! This month’s challenge is about Father’s Day or projects geared towards the men in our lives. The pin I chose was this White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies because my husband LOVES cookies and it makes for a tasty grab and go treat for his man cave (the garage).
TO JOIN NEXT MONTH’S #PINTERESTCHALLENGE, CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP ⇒ June Pinterest Challenge
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Before I get to the recipe, I just want to note that the original recipe is awesome, but I reduced the sugar by quite a bit as it was too sweet for us. I also ended up replacing half of the AP flour for bread flour for a chewier cookie that stays soft for up to 5 days (if it lasts that long).
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies Tips:
- The dough needs to be refrigerated and cold before baking as this will help the cookie from spreading too thin.
- Use an ice cream scoop to make round dough balls for baking.
- Using bread flour and an extra egg yolk helps keep the cookie soft and chewy.
- 1 cup + 2T. flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg + egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (slightly heaping cup)
- 1 cup rough chopped lightly salted macadamia nuts
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. set aside.
- To the melted butter, add dark brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix till well combined. Then add in the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add the white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts. Mix to incorporate. Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour. If leaving in overnight, make sure to set the dough out on the counter to soften for about 40 minutes.
- Take chilled dough and take about 1 1/2 to 2T. of dough and make round balls. Place a dozen onto a baking sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 13 minutes at 350°F.
- If you don't have bread flour, all purpose flour can be used for the entire recipe.
- If using unsalted macadamia nuts, increase salt to 1/2 tsp.
- do not flatten the cookie dough balls. This will produce thicker cookies that will be softer and chewier.
For more Pinterest inspired projects from this month’s Pinterest Challenge hosts, check out the links below ↓
My Pinterventures • Across the Boulevard
Cookies Coffee and Crafts • Farm Girl Reformed • Slices of Life
Decorate and More with Tip • Purple Hues and Me
Life Beyond Kitchen • Simple Nature Decor • White Arrows Home
Mom Home Guide • Stone Cottage Adventures • Teadoddles
Our Good Life • My Family Time
Now, let’s see what the other hosts have created ⇓⇓