Need something quick and inexpensive to decorate your front door, wall, or mantel? Try making this Spring Cupcake Liner Flower Wreath!
Last week, I made an easy Spring Cupcake Liner Flower Garland and loved the cupcake liner flowers so much, I made more! This time, I shaped the petals on the cupcake liners differently and placed them on a wreath form to a very full and fluffy spring wreath.
Cupcake Liner Flower Wreath
- straw or foam wreath form
- white chalk paint (or base color of your choice)
- paint brush
- 3 packages of 75 count cupcake liners of or a minimum of 3 bags of a single type
- hot glue gun/glue sticks
- For the straw wreath – remove the plastic cover and paint the entire wreath and let dry.
- For foam wreath – paint the entire wreath and let dry.
Basic Cupcake Liner Flower Shape Video
For the flowers used in this wreath, I stacked 7 cupcake liners to make a total of 10 flowers. I used the remaining 5 cupcake liners to make smaller, less full flowers to add where needed.
Round and Pointed Cupcake Liner Flowers
To make the pointed and round petal flowers, start with the basic flower shape. Pointed tip – cut the petals into a point. Round tip – cut off the straight edges of the basic flower and make them rounded. Then follow the video instructions and form the flowers.
Loop ribbon around the wreath so it can be hung on a hook (optional to add a bow) and glue into place. Next, do a test dry fit with the flowers along the top of the wreath form. When you like the position of the flowers, start to glue them onto the wreath. Then, continue gluing on flowers onto the outside and inside of the wreath until it it is filled in. I used about 30 flowers to fill my wreath in.
Once the wreath is covered in cupcake liner flowers, it’s ready to be displayed. Just make sure you handle this with care as the paper flowers are very delicate. So display and store in an area where it won’t get crushed. Other than that, enjoy it’s beauty!
More Spring Ideas ~
- Spring Cupcake Liner Garland
- DIY Easter Bunny Decor Crafts
- Giant Sleepy Easter Bunny Egg
- Simple Easter Decor Crafts via A Wonderful Thought
- Sweet Easter Treats to Celebrate the Spring Season via Made In A Day