No time for holiday baking? No problem, give Rocky Road Brownies in a Jar!
During this time of year, there’s no denying that many of us get buried under a mound of holiday sweets. It’s a sweet tooth lover’s paradise, but having so many sweets at once can get a bit overwhelming.
The great thing about gifting a food Christmas jar is that the giver doesn’t have to bake and the recipient can decide when to bake their delicious gift for the freshest treat! To me, it’s a win-win for everyone!
Follow the directions on layering in the card below and print out the recipe card to attach to the jar. You can also bake the recipe yourself by following the baking directions.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarse chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Use a 1 quart wide mouth jar or other airtight container to layer the ingredients in the order listed, except for the marshmallows. Make sure to gently scoop/spoon the ingredients into the container and lightly tap each ingredient into the jar. This will help avoid any rough edges and splashing of the ingredients up the side of the jar.
- Place marshmallows into a sqaure snack size Ziploc bag (square ones work best in jars) and push out as much air as possible. Place the bag into the jar.
- Cover the jar and tie a ribbon around the top with the recipe card attached. See notes for link to the printable cards.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8"x8" baking pan.
- In a small bowl, add milk and vinegar. mix and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove marshmallows from the jar. Set aside. place remaining brownie mix into a large bowl. Add melted butter, milk mixture, egg, and vanilla. stir to combine all ingredients.
- spread batter into prepared pan. bake for 25 minutes. sprinkle reserved marshmallows over top and bake for another 5 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to lightly brown.
- cool brownies in pan on wire rack. cut into 12 -16 brownies. store in airtight container.
Print out the recipe cards >>> Rocky Road Brownies recipe card
Best to print on 40lb heavyweight paper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Bedoo Wide Mouth Mason Jars 32 oz with Lids and Bands 4 PACK, Quart Mason Jars with Airtight Lids , Clear Glass Mason Jars (Set of 4) (Wide Mouth)
Great Value Zipper Square Snack Bags Value Pack of 2
Sunmns Christmas Twine Cotton String Rope Cord for Gift Wrapping, Arts Crafts, 656 Feet (Multicolor A)
Accent Opaque White Printer Paper, 8.5” x 11” 40lb Bond/100lb Text Copy Paper, 500 Sheets (1 Ream) – Premium Smooth Finish Computer Paper, 97 Bright, 148gsm, Multipurpose White Copy Paper – 188101R
Measuring Spoons and Cups Combo Set 430 Stainless Steel Premium Stackable Tablespoons Unbreakable Dry Liquid Ingredients Cooking Baking Set of 10