Need a warm drink for both kids and adults? Try this slow cooker hot cranberry fruit punch that’s perfect for a large party crowd!
Growing up in Hawaii with hot and humid weather, hot cocoa was the extent of my holiday drink knowledge. Hot drinks just wasn’t a thing and you’re more than likely to find cold fruit punch or chilled drinks at most Hawaii holiday parties.
Since moving away from Hawaii, I finally understand the love for hot drinks. When it gets chilly, there really is something wonderful about warming your body with a hot drink. You can feel the heat of the cup and the warmth of the drink travelling down your throat and warming your chest. It just feels good and I get it now.
This slow cooker cranberry fruit punch is a wonderful hot drink that can serve both kids and adults. The secret is setting out a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc next to the hot punch for the adults to add a splash (or more) to their drink if they choose, while keeping the punch PG friendly for the kiddos. A few other great things about this recipe is that it can serve a decent size gathering and can also be served over ice!
- 64 oz. cranberry juice (8 cups)
- 5 cups water*
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 oz. frozen lemonade ( 1/2 of a 12 oz. can)
- 2 - 12 oz. cans frozen orange juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 - 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 lemon or orange, washed and sliced**
- 4-7 star anise
- Optional - bottle of Sauvignon Blanc for adults
- Place all the ingredients into a large 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Note: for only a hint of spice, add 4 star anise, for a more intense flavor add 7.
- Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours, stirring the punch after about 1 or 2 hours. Remove and toss out the star anise spice.
- For presentation, serve the hot cranberry fruit punch in glass mugs with some of the cranberries and slice of fruit. Optional to add in a cinnamon stick.
- For adults, leave out a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc ( I use Dry Creek Fume Blanc) for them to add a splash of it in their drink.
*Add more water after 4 hours cook time if you feel the punch is too sweet. Do 1/2 cup at a time.
**Can use a combo of lemon and orange slices. Optional to add 6-7 cloves for a very spiced punch.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
OTOTO Nessie Ladle Spoon - Green Cooking Ladle for Serving Soup, Stew, Gravy & Chili - High Heat Resistant Loch Ness Stand Up Soup Ladle
Hamilton Beach Programmable Slow Cooker with Three Temperature Settings, 7-Quart + Lid Latch Strap, Black
Crock-pot SCCPVF620S Smart Pot Slow Cooker with Easy to Clean Stoneware | Programmable 6 Quart | Stainless Steel
Crock-Pot 7 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Countdown Timer|Polished Platinum