Looking for a creative way to season your turkey? Here are 20 ethnic & regional flavored Thanksgiving turkey recipes that are sure to make your taste buds sing.
I haven’t decided how I want to cook my turkey this year, but my kids have asked for something different. I usually make the traditional herb roasted turkey, so I’ve been on a mission to look for a Thanksgiving turkey recipe with a flavor twist. Here are a few of my top picks…
Regional Flavored Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes
Southern Turkey Recipes
Maple, bourbon, sweet tea…oh my! These turkey recipes scream of Southern flavor.
- Maple-Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage Butter @Five Heart Home
- Southern Brined Sweet Tea Turkey Breast @Cooking with Janica
- Apple-Bourbon Turkey and Gravy @Southern Living
Hawaiian Island Turkey Recipes
Bring the taste of the Hawaiian Islands into Thanksgiving for ‘broke da mout’ flavors.
- Hawaiian Style Turkey Marinade @Valley Isle Excursions
- Hawaiian-Portuguese Smoked Turkey @My Recipes
- Oven Kalua Turkey @Hawaiian Electric
West Coast Turkey Recipes
Bright citrus and herbs give a lighter and more subtle flavor to these West Coast turkey recipes.
- Citrus & Herb Brined Roasted Turkey @Intelligent Domestications
- California Roast Turkey and Gravy @Fine Cooking
- Pacific Northwestern Roast Turkey and Gravy @Fine Cooking
- Herb-Roasted Turkey with Wild Mushroom Gravy @Food & Wine
East Coast Turkey Recipes
- New England Roast Turkey @ Cooking NYTimes
- New England Roast Turkey with Gravy @Fine Cooking
- Maple Roast Turkey and Gravy @All Recipes
[Tweet “20 Ethnic & Regional #Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes. Put a twist on your turkey flavor! “]
Ethnic Flavored Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes
Walk on the wild side of Thanksgiving turkey flavors with bold Asian, Mexican, and Italian rubs, marinades, and glazes.
Asian Turkey Recipes
- Peking-Style Roast Turkey with Molasses-Soy Glaze and Orange-Ginger Glaze @epicurious
- Asian Spiced Thanksgiving Turkey @A Spicy Perspective
- Chinese Roast Turkey @Shelley in Real Life
Mexican Turkey Recipes
- Mexican Lime-Poached Roasted Turkey @¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
- Pati Jinich’s Mexican Thanksgiving Turkey @kitchn
- Chile-Rubbed Turkey @bon appetit
- Apricot and Tequila Glazed Turkey @Food Network
Italian Turkey Recipes
- Turkey with Herbes de Provence and Citrus @ Food Network
- Italian -style Turkey Crown with roast garlic & pancetta & lemon ciabatta stuffing @BBC Good Food
How will you flavor your Thanksgiving Turkey – traditional, regional, ethnic?
These all look so yummy! I can’t wait to try some of them for Thanksgiving and all other occasion. This is the advantage when you have a turkey fryer at home. you get to enjoy the festive dish even when it’s not Thanksgiving.
Yum – so many great ideas! Pinning to try some. 🙂 Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty
Jamie recently posted…Raise a Tree – Raise Awareness
These are fantastic! I totally want to have a turkey-tasting weekend now because they all look so yummy!
Marie recently posted…Sweet DIY Pumpkin Banner
What a delicious round up of recipes. Thank you for sharing with us at #HomeMattersParty . See you again next week.
This post has awakened my taste buds! Not nice! Hehe
I would most definitely try out at least one of these recipes, thank you for sharing with us 🙂
My goodness! Now I want some turkey and would love to try them all. How awesome that we have so many flavors and cooking methods to choose from. Why in the world do we wait to do this once a year! Thank you for including ours too! Now I’m off to read some of these recipes.
Shirley Wood recently posted…Fall Vignette Craft Projects