It’s the most wonderful time of the year – time for the annual 25 Days Of Christmas Movies Blog Hop
+ $125 Paypal Giveaway! #ChristmasMoviesHop
We have 25 talented bloggers gathered together to share with you all the wonderful crafts and recipes you can make this Christmas season, based off of some of the most beloved holiday classic films. There are 25 films to be inspired by for your holiday season, and 25 talented bloggers to aid in your inspiration! If you love Christmas movies, you have come to the right place!
Easy DIY Christmas Hot Cocoa Stencils
Before we get to the DIY Christmas Hot Cocoa Stencils, I should tell you that the romantic comedy ‘The Holiday’ inspired this craft. It’s about two women, Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet, who decide to get away from their ‘guy problems’ by swapping homes with each other. One lady flies to England and the other the United States, where they both meet and fall in love with a local gentlemen.
Now, there is one particular scene in this movie that really warmed my heart. It’s when Cameron Diaz meets Jude Law’s young daughters and they drink hot cocoa together. It’s such a cute moment and I knew I had to include hot cocoa in my movie project. At first, I was going to create a hot cocoa recipe, but there are already a ton of hot cocoa recipes. Then it hit me…DIY Chirstmas Hot Cocoa Stencils to decorate the top of the hot cocoa!
DIY Christmas Hot Cocoa Stencils Supplies:
- Stencil template
- Dura – Lar or recycle plastic covers or take out boxes (basically anything washable that can be cut)
- Exact-o Knife, Heat knife. or scissors
- cutting surface (wood for hot knife or sewing mat for Exact-o)
DIY Christmas Hot Cocoa Stencils Instructions:
Update 12/2/2017 ~ Place the Dura-Lar over the template and trace shapes with black pen. Use a scissors to cut shapes out. Just make sure there is enough Dura-Lar around the shape to be able to lay on the cup rim.
- Print out the stencil template and tape it on your cutting surface. Position the Dura – Lar over the template and tape in place.
- Make sure to position the Dura-Lar so there is enough space around the cut-out to rest on the outside rim of your cocoa cups.
- Cut out stencil shape with an Exact-o knife or Heat Knife.
How to use the DIY Christmas Hot Cocoa Stencils
- Fill cup* with hot cocoa, top with milk froth (heated milk that is whisked), and put the stencil on the cup rim.
- Sprinkle over the stencil with hot cocoa powder or cinnamon and serve!
I hope you enjoy this DIY Christmas Hot Cocoa Stencils tutorial. If you give it a try, post it on Instagram and tag me @mypinterventures.
*Cups can be found at the 99 Cents Only store.
$125 Paypal Giveaway
Now let’s check out the rest of the amazing Christmas creations!