As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s the fifth day of the 12 days of Holiday Ideas event and it’s all about Christmas advent calendars! Today, I’m sharing a FREE Scratch Off Christmas Advent Calendar Printable!
Before I get to the Scratch Off Christmas Advent Calendar, I want to welcome you to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event! This event is hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and myself between Nov. 11th and December 6th. There will be hundreds of new ideas for the holidays that will be shared by our fellow blogging friends! To find the printable Holiday Calendars for the event and 50+ Best DIY Holiday Ideas, go –>> HERE. And don’t forget to check out the other fun Christmas Advent Calendars from the other hosts and enter the fabulous giveaway below!How to make a Scratch off Christmas Advent Calendar
How to make a Scratch Off Christmas Advent Calendar
What I love about this printable scratch off Christmas Advent Calendar is that it doesn’t take up a lot of room and can be easily hung on the wall with tape. Another great thing about this calendar is it’s easy to customize to each child. For example, my youngest daughter would love getting highlighters or hair things and my son would rather receive candy or a trip to his favorite boba place.
Ready? Make sure to print out the calendar on cardstock for the best results. Now, let’s get to making this countdown calendar!
Click on the image or follow the link to download the zip file for the Scratch Off Christmas Advent Calendar. The first png is the calendar and the second is a template for those that will cut the circles by hand.
- White cardstock
- Clear contact paper
- red acrylic paint
- Optional - glitter washi tape
- color printer
- sponge brush
- 1" paper punch or scissors
- Newspaper or something to protect your table surface
- Color pens
- Print out the advent calendar on cardstock.
- Combine 1 T. red paint with 1 1/2 tsp. of blue Dawn dish liquid. Mix together till well blended.
- Place down newspaper or something to protect your table surface. Cut a piece of contact paper about 7.5" x 8.5". Tape down the corners of the contact paper, backing side down. Use the sponge brush and paint a layer of the red paint mixture onto the front of the contact paper. Let this completely dry. Repeat painting three times.
- While the paint is drying, write in the circles of the advent calendar the 'gifts'. Some ideas: day off of chores, excused from one chore, gum, hair ties, candy, socks, coffee house trip, movie night, money, pens, lip gloss, etc...
- When the painted contact paper is dry, use the paper punch to punch out 25 circles. Carefully, separate the backing and cover the circles on the advent calendar.
- For additional fun, have the recipient color and decorate the edges of the calendar. We did simple green and red dots. When done, use pretty glitter tape to hang it on a wall.
- To scratch off the paint, use the edge of a coin to reveal the 'gift'.
If you don't have a paper punch, use the second calendar print out as a template to cut out the circles. Do this by placing the template over the painted contact paper, secure it together with clips or tape. Cut out the circles on the template.
MEET OUR GIVEAWAY SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only.