- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts (I like macadamia nuts)
- 1 3oz package of lemon Jell-O
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup powdered sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cups)
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese or Neufchatal cheese (softened)
- 2 cups of heavy cream (1 pint)
- 1 6 oz package of strawberry Jell-O (I have also used Lime)
- 3 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease 9″ x 13″ pan. Set aside.
- Slice cold butter into small pieces and put into a food processor.
- Next, add in the brown sugar, flour, and chopped nuts.
- Pulse just until it starts to form a crumbly dough.
- Press dough into the 9″ x 13″ pan and bake for 15 – 18 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place a large bowl and heavy whipping cream into the freezer for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, add the chilled whipping cream to the chilled bowl and whip on high until it holds peaks. Place back into the freezer until needed.
- Place one cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes and add in the lemon Jello. Stir until all the Jello mix is dissolved. Set aside and let cool completely.
In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
Add the cooled Jello mixture to the cream cheese mixture and blend well.
Next, fold the chilled whipped cream into the the cream cheese mixture and pour over cooled crust.
- Place this into the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
Place 3 cups of water into the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
Add the 6 oz. of strawberry Jello and stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool.
Once cooled, pour onto the cheesecake layer and place pan back into the refrigerator.
Let set for an hour.
- Slice into squares and serve.