This post was sponsored by Crafting.co.uk. All opinions and content expressed here are my own.
Calling all craft enthusiasts! There’s a new ‘must-have’ tool to add to your craft stash…the at home screen printing system, Screen Sensation! Find out more and see how I used it to create Ikat Screen Print Coasters! Oh, and I have an EXCLUSIVE discount code for my readers!
I’m so excited to be partnering with Crafting,co.uk to introduce the Screen Sensation at home screen printing kit! I’ve been playing around with it for about a week and I can’t even express how much fun it is and it’s only just begun! But before I share how to create my Ikat Screen Print Coasters, let me introduce Screen Sensation.
About Screen Sensation
Screen Sensation was introduced in the UK about a year ago. It is an at home screen printing system that allows anyone to produce professional looking prints without the expense and hassle normally associated with screen printing. It’s perfect for bulk printing cards (think wedding, anniversary, birthday), making paper crafts, scrapbooking, clothing, home decor, and so much more!
The Screen Sensation Kits come in two different sizes: 12″x 12″ Kit and a 7″x 5″ kit (Screen Sensation Compact). The kits contain a frame, squeegee, palette knife, mixing sticks, and a mixing bowl. I’ll be using the larger kit in this Ikat Screen Print Coaster tutorial.
Ikat Screen Print Coaster
Not all supplies shown
- Screen Sensation 12″ x 12″ Kit
- Screen Sensation Ink – Blue
- optional – Acrylic paint – white and silver
- paper towels
- washable fabric pen
- cork coasters
- Mod Podge – gloss or matte
- paint brush
- Clear acrylic spray sealer
Make the Ikat Print Video:
The first step to creating the Ikat Screen Print Coasters is to create the ikat print. Of course, you could buy an Ikat print fabric, but screen printing allows you to customize the colors and the option to layer prints too. In the video, I show you what comes in the Screen Sensation Kit and how to set it up and print this Ikat design with two colors.
Once the ikat print has dried, it’s time to create! It can be used to make shirts (the Screen Sensation inks are permanent on fabric once heat set for 2 min. with an iron), pillows, cards, and so much more!
Ikat Screen Print Coasters:
I decided to use my ikat print to create ikat coasters! This is a super easy project that anyone can do and a great way to incorporate this fun print into any home.
- Place the cork coasters onto the back side of the fabric and trace around it with washable fabric pen. Four cup coasters should easily fit onto the design area.
- Using a good scissors, cut out the circle tracings. Try to cut slightly on the inside of the tracings so that the ikat circles will fit nicely on top of the coasters. Set aside.
Skip this step if you prefer to keep the natural cork showing.
- Optional – paint the edges of the cork coasters with one coat of white. Let dry. Then go over the white paint with silver. Let dry.
- Apply Mod Podge to the top of the coasters.
- Place an ikat print circle on the Mod Podge.
- Apply Mod Podge over the ikat print circle. Let dry.
- Trim any areas that hang over the coaster edge.
- Seal with a coat of clear acrylic spray. Let dry.
Now, the ikat screen print coasters are ready to use! I love the way these came out and plan on making an ikat pillow and maybe even some pot holders too.
What would you create with this screen print kit?
If you would like to buy a Screen Sensation Kit or any Screen Sensation supplies, use my exclusive reader discount for 25% off at crafting.co.uk. Enter code – SSBL25-922M7
Crafting.co.uk carries an extensive array of Screen Sensation mesh screens, inks, tape, and other Screen Sensation supplies. You can even use this for stamping!