Stop buying thin store bought graham pie crust and make your own with this easy graham cracker pie crust recipe!
Like my Quick and Easy Crisco Pie Crust, this Easy Graham Pie Crust is a cinch to make. It doesn’t require special equipment and only uses 3-ingredients…super simple! In addition, you can control the sweetness levels and experiment with your own spices to make the crust your own.
Easy Graham Cracker Pie Crust
No more thin and wimpy store-bought pie crust. Learn how to easy it is to make a sweet and thick homemade graham cracker pie crust.
- 1 1/2 cup honey graham cracker crumbs or about 11 - 12 graham cracker sheets
- 5 T. sugar*, I like to mix 3 T. light brown sugar and 2 T. white sugar
- 7 T. unsalted butter, melted
- If you can find boxed graham cracker crumbs, measure out 1 1/2 cup and add to a bowl. If you have to make your own graham crumbs, place about 11 - 12 graham crackers into a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin or use a food processor to crumble. Once you get a fairly fine crumb, add it to a bowl.
- Add sugar into the bowl. I like to use a mix of light brown and white sugar, but you can use all white sugar.
- Add melted butter to the bowl and use a fork to combine everything together. You should get a crumbly mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a pie pan and use the flat bottom of a measuring cup to press the graham crust into the pie pan and up against the sides. It will be a bit messy, but use the measuring cup to press up the sides and the thumbs on your other hand to make a level pie crust edge.
- No Bake Crust: Cover the pie crust with plastic wrap and chill for at least 45 minutes to an hour. Then fill with the no-bake pie filling and chill as directed. Pre-Baked Pie Crust: Bake for 6 -8 minutes at 350°F. * Then, follow your recipe instructions.
*All white sugar can be used if you don't have brown sugar.
*As oven temperatures can vary, check the crust at 6 minutes to make sure it isn't over browning. I usually bake 6-7 minutes.
- Best to use a pie pan with smooth sides as it's easier to remove the crust when the pie is sliced.
- This can be used in a 10" pie pan, but the crust will be thinner.
- For pies you need to freeze to set, take the pie out of the freezer to thaw before serving or the crust will be brittle and crumbly.
- Add 1/4 tsp. cinnamon for additional flavor or substitute 1/4 cup of the graham crumbs with finely chopped nuts.
The links below are affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when items are purchased through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Pro-Grade Cake and Pie Server Spatula: 2-in-1 Cut and Serve Design with Flexible Head, 10-Inch, Stainless-Steel
2 Pack Ceramic Pie Dish, 9 Inches Pie Pan Pie Plate Round Baking Dish Pan with Ruffled Edge, Navy Blue
Two 9 inch Pie Pans a Heavy weight steel none stick bakeware set with even heating (Standard version)
I hope you enjoy the recipe and try making your own graham cracker pie crust. And with summer around the corner, it’s the perfect pie crust to make cool no-bake pie recipes or use as crumble between pudding parfaits.