Thank you for joining me on the Valentine’s Day Blog Hop! I’ve joined with 13 other talented bloggers to share Valentine’s Day crafts on a budget. Each blogger was given a budget of no more than $10 and challenged to create a Valentine’s Day craft using items from the dollar store or dollar section of their local stores. If you have budget Valentine’s Day crafts to share, please add it to the link-up at the bottom of this post so it can be seen on all of our blogs!
Today, I’m kicking off the Valentine’s Day Blog Hop with a Valentine’s Day Arrow Clips tutorial that was inspired by clips found at Target. I knew the Target clips would be easy to recreate with supplies found at the Dollar Tree store, so that’s what I did! The Target clips were $3 for 3 clips vs. $4 for 12 DIY dollar store clips – score!
Valentine’s Day Arrow Clips
Can you believe that all of these goodies were found at Dollar Tree? Amazing, right?!
- baker’s twine
- glitter foam hearts
- gem heart stickers
- hot glue/glue gun
- thumb tacks (optional)
- Glue the end of the baker’s twine to the inside curve of the clothespin.
- Wrap the twine around the clip until it fills the curve of the clothespin and glue the twine down. Cut off the excess twine.
- Just under the baker’s twine, glue a small foam glitter heart with the point down.
- Add two gem sticker hearts to the stem of the clothespin.
- Glue a large foam glitter heart to the top of the clothespin with the point down. Make sure to leave half of the heart off the clothespin.
- Glue baker’s twine onto the back of the clothespin near the point of the heart.
- Wrap baker’s twine around the bottom point of the heart and glue down. Cut off the excess.
Get creative with the ‘feather’ end of the arrow clips and use your imagination on the cutting pattern.
- Use a scissor and make three diagonal cuts in the large foam heart.
- Angle the scissor and cut small triangle slivers out of the foam heart.
- Optional – glue a thumb tack to the upper back of the clothespin to create a bulletin board clip and add to the inside of a gift bag.
Add the arrow clips to Valentine gift bags and you’ve got cute gift bag closures!
I hope you enjoyed this easy and budget friendly Valentine’s Day craft and visit the other blogs for even more great ideas!
- My Pinterventures
- DIY Adulation
- Houseful of Handmade
- C’mon Get Crafty
- Inside The Fox Den
- Made In A Day
- The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Arrows & Awe
- Happily Ever After, Etc.
- Our House Now A Home
- The Home On The Corner
- Decor by the Seashore
- Intelligent Domestications
Share your $10 or less Valentine’s Day crafts on the link-up below and be seen on all 15 blogs!