Thank you for joining me on the Valentine’s Day Blog Hop! I’ve joined with 13 other talented bloggers to share Valentine’s Day crafts on a budget. Each blogger was given a budget of no more than $10 and challenged to create a Valentine’s Day craft using items from the dollar store or dollar section of their local stores. If you have budget Valentine’s Day crafts to share, please add it to the link-up at the bottom of this post so it can be seen on all of our blogs!
Today, I’m kicking off the Valentine’s Day Blog Hop with a Valentine’s Day Arrow Clips tutorial that was inspired by clips found at Target. I knew the Target clips would be easy to recreate with supplies found at the Dollar Tree store, so that’s what I did! The Target clips were $3 for 3 clips vs. $4 for 12 DIY dollar store clips – score!
Valentine’s Day Arrow Clips
Can you believe that all of these goodies were found at Dollar Tree? Amazing, right?!
- baker’s twine
- glitter foam hearts
- gem heart stickers
- hot glue/glue gun
- thumb tacks (optional)
- Glue the end of the baker’s twine to the inside curve of the clothespin.
- Wrap the twine around the clip until it fills the curve of the clothespin and glue the twine down. Cut off the excess twine.
- Just under the baker’s twine, glue a small foam glitter heart with the point down.
- Add two gem sticker hearts to the stem of the clothespin.
- Glue a large foam glitter heart to the top of the clothespin with the point down. Make sure to leave half of the heart off the clothespin.
- Glue baker’s twine onto the back of the clothespin near the point of the heart.
- Wrap baker’s twine around the bottom point of the heart and glue down. Cut off the excess.
[Tweet “Valentine’s Day Blog Hop & Arrow Clips Tutorial. Share your V-day budget crafts! “]
Get creative with the ‘feather’ end of the arrow clips and use your imagination on the cutting pattern.
- Use a scissor and make three diagonal cuts in the large foam heart.
- Angle the scissor and cut small triangle slivers out of the foam heart.
- Optional – glue a thumb tack to the upper back of the clothespin to create a bulletin board clip and add to the inside of a gift bag.
Add the arrow clips to Valentine gift bags and you’ve got cute gift bag closures!
I hope you enjoyed this easy and budget friendly Valentine’s Day craft and visit the other blogs for even more great ideas!
- My Pinterventures
- DIY Adulation
- Houseful of Handmade
- C’mon Get Crafty
- Inside The Fox Den
- Made In A Day
- The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Arrows & Awe
- Happily Ever After, Etc.
- Our House Now A Home
- The Home On The Corner
- Decor by the Seashore
- Intelligent Domestications
Share your $10 or less Valentine’s Day crafts on the link-up below and be seen on all 15 blogs!