Have you ever had Thanksgiving leftover overload? It’s caused by eating too much turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes that you just can’t eat any more of it. Eating the same thing for days can sometimes be difficult, but before you let your leftovers go to waste, think about this…
- Americans waste 40% of the food we bring home
- 870 million people don’t have enough food to eat
- Average American family tosses out 20 lbs. of food each month
- Wasting food also means we are wasting the resources used to produce it (water, energy, and more)
Shocking isn’t?! So, to help us do better and not waste the food that we’ve been blessed with, how about remaking it into something new! Here are 50 recipes from great bloggers that help us use leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce in some very creative ways.
When I have leftover turkey, I usually just make turkey sandwiches or pot pie. What are you favorite ways to use up leftover turkey?
- Slow Cooker Turkey and Potato Chower @Baked by Rachel
- Left over Turkey Chili @Passion for Savings
- Baked Turkey Croquettes @Skinny Taste
- Turkey Enchiladas @Simply Recipes
- French Onion Turkey Casserole @All Recipes
- Thanksgiving Pockets @Kiss Recipe
- Easy Thanksgiving Leftover Meal @Raising Memories
- Turkey Curry @ That Recipe
- Joanna’s Turkey & Veggie Spring Rolls @What’s On The List?
- Leftover Thanksgving Casserole @Rock-A-Bye Parents’
- Turkey and Swiss Panini @The Pioneer Woman
- Skinny Turkey & Wild Rice Soup @The Skinny Fork
- Turkey Pot Pie @Pink When
- Turkey Tetrazzini @Spicy Southern Kitchen
- Turkey and Avocado Panini @This and That
- Turkey Noodle Vegetable Soup @Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog
Leftover Mashed Potatoes
It’s rare that we ever have any leftover mashed potatoes because my family LOVES it. However, on the rare occasion that we do have leftovers, here are some great recipes that I would love to try. There’s even a doughnut recipe!
- Loaded Potato Bites @Kitten with a Whisk
- Mashed Potato Cheddar and Chive Waffles @Joy the Baker
- Mashed Potato Quesadillas @All Recipes
- Mashed Potato Puff @Cinnamon-Spice & Everything Nice
- Skillet Sheperd’s Pie @Five Heart Home
- Potato Cheddar Soup @Food Wanderings in Asia
- Potato Bacon Muffins @Kayotic Kitchen
- Mashed Potato Doughnuts @The Cullinary Cellar
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Pancakes @That Recipe
- Mashed Potatoes Pancakes on Garlic Sauteed Spinach @Mirch Masala
- Mashed Potato Waffle, Crispy Turkey, Smashed Avocado, Cranberry and Brie Melts @Half Baked Harvest
- Papas Rellanas @Easy Life Meal and Party Planning
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Puffs @The Kitchn
- Norwegian Potato Lefse @The Kitchn
- Homemade Gnocchi @The Art of Doing Stuff
Leftover Cranberry Sauce
Honestly, I’m not a cranberry sauce fan. I think it carried over from when I was younger and had my first taste of a very tart cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving. Granted, I should probably give it another shot since my tastes have changed a lot and I’m sure I would have no problem eating any of the recipes below 🙂
- French Toast stuffed with Cranberry Cream Cheese @Alaska From Scratch
- Cranberry Sauce Cheesecake Brownies @Damn Delicious
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars @Cook the Story
- Cranberry Sauce Smoothie @Wonky Wonderful
- 3-Ingredient Cranberry Balsamic Dressing @Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Whipped Cranberry Butter @Good Life Eats
- Cranberry Sauce Muffins @Ask Chef Dennis
- Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies with Almond Glaze @Lovely Little Kitchen
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce and Apple Crisp @Just A Taste
- Turkey and Cranberry BBQ Sauce Pizza @Recipe Runner
- Turkey Cranberry Brie Grilled Cheese @Will Cook For Smiles
- Cranberry Filled Muffins @Wine Lady Cooks
Stuffing is another item that we rarely have leftover in our house. Although, I would totally make extra stuffing just to make sure I could make some of these recipes. I especially want to make the turkey and dumpling soup….yummy!
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffing Balls @The Cheap Gourmet
- Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms @Rachel Ray Magazine
- Turkey and Stuffing Dumpling Soup @Katie’s Cucina
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Turkey Stuffing @MJ and Hungry Man
- Leftover Stuffing Quiche @Food(dot)com
- Second-Day Fried Stuffing Bites with Cranberry Sauce Pesto @Food Network
- Stuffing Muffins @Betty Crocker
- Turkey and Stuffing Bake @Betty Crocker
- Stuffing Waffles @Recipe Circus
- Turkey Stuffing Roll-ups @Spend with Pennies
- Stuffing Frittata @ Food Network
- Mashed Potato & Stuffing Patties @Pocket Change Gourmet
- Mashed Potato Pizza @Iowa Girl Eats
Hope this round-up of recipes helps to combat leftover overload and prevents any leftover waste.
Need more Thanksgiving leftover recipe ideas for turkey and ham bone? Check out these posts for some great recipe ideas…
G’day and what a post Erlene! Lots of time and Thanksgiving energy!
Thank you for including a recipe via What’s On the List too! GREATLY appreciate! Pinned, sharing all around today!
This is a fantastic collection and inspiration for all our Thanksgiving leftovers. There are so many recipes I can make. Thanks so much for putting this together and for including my cranberry filled muffins.
Thanks Joanne for sharing your recipe. It looks like a wonderful way to use up cranberry sauce.
Oh my gosh…I don’t even know where to start! What a fantastic round-up!
Thanks Kristen. Did you have any leftovers to try any of these or do you have a favorite leftover recipe of your own?
I’m always looking for tasty ways to use up Thanksgiving leftovers. And you’ve shared some really good ones! Thanks!
Thanks Alli. I love all of these recipes and I just wish I had more leftovers to try them all.
Oh my goodness! Just look at all these. I can’t wait to have some leftovers so I can dig in and try!
Your bars look so delicious that I just had to share it. Thanks for sharing your recipe with everyone.
Love your collection of recipes! I’m sure I’ll have plenty of leftovers to try some of these out. Thanks for gathering these all together Erlene and including ours.
Thanks Dan for visiting and your wonderful recipe 🙂
Genius!! Just awesome linky here. Thanks for taking the time to start this and sharing it.
Hope it helps you use up some leftovers & thanks for sharing.
These are gorgeous lists! Thank you for the inspiration. Now I’m hungry!
So many great recipes and not enough leftovers…lol. These make me hungry too.