Forget baking for hours. Whip up this simple peppermint bark in a few minutes!
The holiday baking season has once again come around, so it’s time to start putting on those aprons and slaving away in the kitchen…NOT! This simple peppermint bark takes under 15 minutes to whip up and about an hour to set in the fridge! No baking, no hours in the kitchen, and no big mess!
The best thing about this homade holiday treat is that even the non-baker can make this and it’ll look like you spent a lot of time making it. There’s just something about red and white peppermint candy that screams Christmas, so this makes for a spectacular festive food gift to present in a cute holiday tin or box. So, are you ready to make this super simple peppermint bark? Let’s get to it!
Simple Peppermint Bark
How to make simple peppermint bark for a homemade holiday treat.
- 24 oz. white chocolate chips or candy melts
- 3/4 cup finely crushed peppermint candy (can use up to a cup)
- 1/4 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy
- vegetable oil non-stick cooking spray
- Line a 15" x 10" x 1" pan with foil.* Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fine peppermint candies - If not using store-bought peppermint candy, place candies into a sealable plastic bag and crush with a meat mallet or bottom of pot to small bits. Coarse peppermint candies - Do the same as the fine crushed candies, but leave larger peices to decorate the top of the peppermint bark. Set aside. Note: I use Bob's soft peppermint stir sticks as it's easier on the teeth in larger chunks.
- Place white chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Microwave at 60% power in 1 minute increments, stirring in between. It should start to soften at 1 minute and begin to melt at 2 minutes. I microwave mine for 3 minutes, but you may need more or less time.
- Add 1/2 cup of the finely crushed peppermint candy into the melted white chocolate. Add 3/4 cup if you want lots of peppermint flavor.
- Pour and spread the white chocolate mix into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of finely crushed peppermint candies over top.
- Using your hands, randomly place the coarsely crushed pieces of peppermint candy onto the top of the white chocoalte bark. Gently press the peices into the white chocolate. This ensures the stripes of the coarse crushed peppermints are facing up and makes for a nicer presentation.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour or place in the freezer until set. Break into large pieces to serve or place into gift tins/boxes.
*If you don't have a 15" x 10" x 1" pan, create a 'pan' using foil.
For large Christmas tins or boxes, 1 1/2 to 2 batches may be needed to fill the entire box. For smaller 5"x5" boxes, a batch will fill about 2-3 boxes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Pam Original No-Stick Cooking Spray 100% natural Canola Oil (2 pack - 12oz each can)
Amazon Basics Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, 12" X 200'
Bobs Sweet Stripes Soft Peppermint Sticks
Mint Twists Crushed Peppermint Candy for Baking, 8 oz, Pack of 3
Measuring Spoons and Cups Combo Set 430 Stainless Steel Premium Stackable Tablespoons Unbreakable Dry Liquid Ingredients Cooking Baking Set of 10