Thick & Creamy Clam Chowder
Lunch, Main Dish, Soup, Starter
Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Hot
Easy creamy clam chowder that can be ready to eat in about an hour.
- 6 pieces bacon (cut into pieces)
- 1/2 Medium onion (chopped)
- 7 cups potato (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 4 cans chopped clam (6.5 ounce cans - drain clams and reserve juice)
- 3 cans cream of celery (10.5 ounce cans)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can corn with juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed (fresh dill can be used)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsely
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Half-n-half can be substituted for the milk and cream combo.
- If you don't have 3 cans of celery soup, use two. The soup will just be a bit more 'loose'.
|Add bacon and onions to a large pot on medium-low heat. Cook until bacon is slightly crisp an onions are translucent. |
|Lower heat to medium. Add potatoes to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes. Add clam juice and cook for an additional 5 minutes. |
|Add clams, cream of celery soup, heavy cream, milk. Stir. |
|Add corn, dill, pepper, and parsley flakes. Stir. Cover and cook for another 10 -15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. |