Peppermint Mocha Mousse Recipe
|Prep time||1 hour|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
Simple holiday dessert. Peppermint mocha mousse recipe using flavored creamer, heavy cream, sugar, gelatin, and cocoa powder.
- 2 Envelopes gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (do not sub with half-n-half)
- 3/4 cups Delight peppermint mocha creamer
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 Pieces peppermint candy (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Keep portions small as this is a very sweet and decadent dessert.
- If making ahead, the peppermint flavor will become less strong.
- If making ahead and storing, store mousse in a large bowl and place a plastic wrap directly on the mousse to prevent a hard layer from forming on the outside. Pipe mousse into serving cups only a day ahead.
|In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and stir until well mixed. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.|
|Add ice into a large bowl and insert a smaller bowl into the ice. To the smaller bowl, add sugar, cocoa powder, International Delight Peppermint Mocha creamer, heavy whipping cream, and peppermint extract. Beat on high speed until the mixture begins to become thick. Pour in gelatin mixture and beat until waves form in the mixture. Place bowl into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to thicken up.|
|Spoon into 5 ounce dessert cups or place mousse in piping bag and pipe into the dessert cups (piping is better as it creates a nice look). Place into the refrigerator while the topping is prepared.|
|Add ice into a large bowl and insert a smaller bowl into the ice. Add heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla to the smaller bowl. Whip on high until stiff peaks form. Place whipped cream into a piping bag and pipe onto the top of the mousse. Serve or add crushed peppermint candy toppings.|
|Optional - Place 8 peppermints in a plastic bag and crush. Sprinkle on top of each mousse cup right before serving with a whole peppermint. Serve.|