Kahlua Buttercream Frosting
Use this Kahlua buttercream frosting to top off Chocolate Kahlua Cupcakes.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Frosting recipe will cover 12 cupcakes, double to frost all 24 cupcakes.
- Skip the frosting if serving to children or omit the Kahlua coffee liqueur.
|In a large bowl, mix together butter, shortening, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and Kahlua. Add to piping bag with star tip and frost cupcakes. |