Green Onion and Ginger Sauce
|Misc||Serve Cold, Serve Hot|
- 1 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 3 heaped tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup peanut oil (substitute canola oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (substitute soy sauce to taste)
- Make sure a large heat proof glass bowl is used as the oil will bubble up when it hits the green onions and ginger.
- Number of servings will depend on how much of the sauce is used as a condiment.
- Salt can be omitted or reduced if eating with salted items.
- If using regular salt, reduce the amount used and salt to taste.
|Add chopped green onions and ginger to a large glass bowl. Heat peanut oil in a small pot until almost smoking. Pour over green onions and ginger. Stir and add in salt to taste.|