Fudgy German Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe with The Curious Creamery
|Serves||5 - 8|
|Prep time||24 hours|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
|Total time||24 hours, 30 minutes|
|Meal type||Dessert, Snack|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Freezable, Gourmet, Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
Create a homemade Fudgy German Chocolate Ice Cream recipe using The Curious Creamery German Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Mix. Add in your own cake, coconut, and fudge to customize your ice cream flavor.
Fantasy Decorations (Optional)
- 1 bag Rainbow strip candy
- 1 can White frosting
- 1 bottle Confetti sprinkles
- 1 box Waffle cups
- 1 box Curious Creamery German Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Mix
- 2 1/4 cups Heavy whipping cream (do not substitute)
- 1 1/8 cup Milk
- 5/8 cups Sugar (sugar is reduced by 1/4 cup from box directions)
- 1/4 cup Chopped pecans
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Toasted shredded coconut (Add 1/2 cup if you love coconut)
- 1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix (Bake cake to box directions. Can be made a day ahead.)
- 1/2 cup Hot fudge
Fudgy German Chocolate Ice Cream Tips:
- Before mixing in the cake pieces, freeze the chopped cake to avoid crumbs in the ice cream.
- Do not brown the coconut. Bake only until crispy to the touch.
- Spread ice cream into a tray to help incorporate ribbons of fudge without over mixing.
- For easier service, take ice cream and frozen cake out of the freezer for a few minutes to soften.
- Do not place cotton candy into the freezer, as it will dissolve.
- Reserve any leftover cake and shredded coconut for toppings.