Easy Beer Bread – A Quick Bread Recipe
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||50 minutes|
|Total time||55 minutes|
|Meal type||Appetizer, Bread, Side Dish, Snack|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Freezable, Serve Cold|
This is a great recipe when you need a quick bread as a side for soups and salads. Can be made with pantry ingredients and in about an hour.
- 3 cups All purpose or bread flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 - 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 12oz. can beer
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Use less sugar if eating with savory items. Use more sugar if eating with sweet spreads for breakfast.
- Top with 2T. melted butter for a softer crust. Without butter it will have a very crisp crust.
- Different beers will affect the flavor of the bread. Use beer you enjoy drinking.
- Using bread flour will give the bread more 'chew' than AP flour.
- Self-rising flour can be used too. Just omit the salt and baking powder.
|Grease a 8" x 4" or 9" x 5" bread pan. Preheat oven to 375°F.|
|Mix all the ingredients, except for the 2T. of melted butter in a large bowl just until all the dry ingredients are wet. The dough will be slightly lumpy. Pour into the greased bread pan and flatten top. Pour the 2T. of melted butter on top.|
|Bake for 45-50 minutes. Cool before slicing.|