Rustic Ham Bone Soup
Use leftover Thanksgiving Ham Bone for the stock base of this rustic ham soup.
- 9 1/2 -10 cups ham bone stock (including any ham meat from the bone)
- 2 cups cooked ham (cut into 1/2 inch cubes (optional))
- 3 Medium potatoes (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 15 oz. can black beans (drained)
- 1 15 oz. can white kidney beans (drained)
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 15 oz. can corn (frozen corn can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups water (optional)
- Use your favorite ham bone stock recipe for the base of this soup.
- If the soup is salty, add additional water as needed.
- Use any type or combination of beans that you prefer.
|Bring the ham bone stock and any additional chopped ham to a boil. Add the next 6 ingredients into the pot. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Add the corn, peas, and parsley. Taste the soup. If the soup is salty, add up to 2 cups of water. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are cooked through. |
|Serve over rice or with bread. |