If you want to give something other than candy or a store-bought gift, how about giving a ‘ ‘Reasons I Love You’ Valentine’s Day card.
This ‘Reasons I Love You Card’ is a free printable that you can list at least 14 reasons why you love someone. Since everyone has different reasons for loving someone, this card lets the person you’re giving this to know exactly what makes them loveable and special!
How to Use the ‘Reasons I Love You Cards’
For the scratch-off version, use the cards with the red circles and write all the reasons you love someone in the red circles. Then, create the scratch-off circles and stick them onto the red circles. Gift your loved one the card on February 1st and have them scratch-off one circle daily OR give this card on February 14th and have your loved one scratch everything off.
For the non scratch-off version, use any of the blank cards. The card should be hung up in an obvious place on February 1st and the giver should write down something in one of the circles each day until February 14th.
For detailed instructions on creating these cards and a video, continue reading. Also, please remember that these Valentine’s Day scratch-off Reasons I Love You cards are FREE and should be used for personal use only and not copied or sold.
- 40 lb. heavy weight paper
- red acrylic paint
- Dawn blue dish soap
- Clear contact paper
- Color Printer
- Paint brush
- Paint palette or bowl for paint
- Optional - Valentine themed washi tape
- Optional - 1.25" circle punch
- Optional - paper cutter
- Mix together 1 T. of red paint and 1 1/2 tsp. of Dawn dish soap. Set aside.
- Print out the 'Reasons I Love You' cards and template. Trim cards using scissors or a paper cutter. Set aside.
- Cut a piece of contact paper that will fit over the number of circles you will be using. Paint over the contact paper using the red paint/dish soap mixture. Let dry and repeat 2x more, letting dry between coats. Tip: Place something on the work surface to protect it and possibly tape the edges of the contact paper down to prevent movement.
- Tape the dry painted contact paper to the circle template around the edges. Skip this step if using a circle punch. If using a circle punch, you don't need to use the template, just punch out the circles from the painted contact paper.
- Cut the circles out or use a 1.25" circle punch to punch out the cicles.
- Fill in the circles with your 'I love you' reasons with black or red pen. Tip: Using red ink with help disguise the writing beneath and make it harder to see through the painted scratch-off circle.
- Remove the backing of the contact paper and place over the circles and it's ready to gift!
If you do not want to make the scratch-off circles, you can gift the printable card on February 1st and fill out a circle each day until February 14th.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.