My mom was a stylish lady and never left the home “undone”. She was always put together and had a daily routine of doing her hair and makeup, which included spraying herself with perfume. I remember how she always smelled like a fresh-cut flower and had fragrances scattered across her vanity.
Yesterday, I mentioned that my mother is no longer with us, but it doesn’t mean that I don’t still think about gifts for Mother’s Day. I’ve already posted the first part of my gift, Mother’s Day Vanity Jars, for storing makeup brushes and other items. Today, I’ll show you how to complete the Mother’s Day gift set with a DIY Frame Vanity Tray tutorial: the perfect way to gift to help corral old fragrances as well as present a new one!
- picture frame
- crochet lace
- 2 cabinet handle packs
- spray adhesive
- cardboard (optional)
- 150 grit sandpaper or palm-sander (optional)
- clear wax sealer (optional)
- tape (optional)
- felt furniture pads
- Get old cardboard and cut out a piece that will fit onto the backside of the frame.
- Trace around the handle. Mark handle holes by measuring from the middle of each hole and marking it on your template.
- Drill through the frame on the marked handle holes on your template.
You can also draw directly onto the backside of the frame, but I wanted to keep the back as clean as possible. Using a template allows for adjustments without adding anymore pencil markings onto the frame.
- Optional – If you want a distress look, remove the glass from the frame and sand the edges with a palm-sander or hand sand.
- Optional – Seal with a clear wax.
- Attach handles onto the frame.
- Cut a piece of burlap large enough to cover the inside of the frame.
- Remove the back of the frame and spray with adhesive.
- Lay the frame backing onto the cut burlap. Flip over and smooth out.
- Cut off any excess burlap edges.
- Insert the crochet lace onto the glass and place the burlap backing cover over it.
- Place felt pads onto handle screw heads and on the corners of the frame.
- Lock backing into place and flip the frame tray over.
Since the tray is for fragrances, I had to include the new Coty Love2Love Bluebell + White Tea fragrance that I found at Walmart. This delicate feminine fragrance has top notes of Italian bergamot, blueberry white tea, and nectarine. The top notes mingle with middle notes of orange flower, bluebell flower, and jasmine sambac. Lastly, the bottom notes of cashmere wood, sheer musk, and white amber creates a calming feeling of being wrapped in love. Doesn’t this sound delicious smelling? Well, trust me, it is!
You can purchase this affordable indulgent Love2Love fragrances at participating Walmart stores on May 1, along with 4 other Love2Love fragrances. Just look for a special end cap that will feature this new fragrance and other Love2Love fragrances with a special $0.50 Love2Love gift bag.
I was lucky enough to get the very last bottle of Bluebell + White Tea fragrance. Doesn’t the packaging and beautiful floral bottle with a petal shaped cap match perfectly with the crochet lace on my gift set?
The fragrance box and bottle are beautiful, but I wanted to make it extra special by placing it inside one of the Mother’s Day Vanity Jars. Besides, part of the fun of presents is opening up the packaging to find another package to open. Now the gift is now complete! You can present mom with a beautiful handmade 3pc. Mother’s Day Vanity Gift Set that is filled with make-up brushes and a new fragrance.
What Love2Love fragrance would be your mom’s favorite? Leave me a comment and let me know!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you!