I’m back with another Pinterest Challenge! This time, I’m sharing a mini hoop sea shell wall hanging tutorial!
If you aren’t familiar with the the Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop, it’s a hop to help motivate all the participants (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen!
This month, the pin that inspired this mini hoop sea shell wall hanging goes to some weird download page that has nothing to do with the image. Boo, I hate when that happens. Thankfully, the pin image was clear so it wasn’t too hard to replicate.
Mini Hoop Sea Shell Wall Hanging
- mini embroidery hoop (only use the inside hoop)
- sea shell
- drill/small drill bit (use a bit size that will accommodate the twine)
- white cord
- glue gun/glue sticks
- various wood beads
Preparing the Sea Shell
- Drill a hole in the sea shell.
- Cut twine about 30″ and fold in half.
- Tie a knot at the looped (closed) end and add tape to the loose ends (this makes it easier to add beads) and add a wood bead.
- String the open ends of the twine through the hole, making sure the bead is behind the shell. Set aside.
Preparing the Mini Hoop
- Wrap twine around a 3.5″ portion of the mini hoop, making sure to add a dab of hot glue to hold the twine in place.
- Place the beaded shell so that it hangs in the center of the hoop and the hoop sits between two pieces of twine. Add a dab of glue to the twine to help hold it in place.
- Add several beads to the twine, making sure it sits on top of the mini hoop.
Bottom of the Mini Hoop
- Cut the white cord – 1 – 28″ length, 2 – 26″ length, 2 – 24″ length, 2 – 22″ length, 2 – 20″ length, and 2 – 18″ length.
- Loop the 28″ cord at the bottom center of the mini hoop. Add the remaining cords, using the longest to the shortest around the center cord.
- Optional – Fray the ends of the white cord.
Now the mini hoop sea shell wall hanging is ready to be displayed. My daughter added it to her growing dream catcher collection.
View the other Pinterest Challenge Posts:
- January 2018 – One Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- February 2018 – Dollar Tree St. Patrick’s Day Wreath
- March 2018 – Bourbon Chicken with Vegetables
- April 2018 – Mini Hoop Seashell Wall Hanging
- May 2018 – Giant Mochi Ice Cream
- June 2018 – Matcha Mousse
- July 2018 – Savory Vegetable Pancakes
- August 2018 – Jumbo Jello Gummy Bears
- September 2018 – Halloween Candy Popcorn
- October 2018 – Halloween Plastic Tablecloth Wreath
- November 2018 – Apple Pie Hotteok
- December 2018 – Christmas BINGO Gift Exchange Game